DS #5055: Astro Invaders (USA)

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^ Woah, space pirates
ohmy.gif

in the year 3178 I'll be downloading roms IN SPACE!
With 9001G internet ^^

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, heck yeah! I don't care if it's by Zoo; it looks like a cool, little game. Kinda like Astroids meets Nanostray 2.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SalParadise19 said:
Space Invaders rip off in name alone it seems. Otherwise looks like a decent bullet hell game.

More of an ASTEROIDS clone ( with ideas borrowed from galaxy wars ) with updated graphics , the music is cool and tries to give a retro feel, but it's too generic and repetitive.
I expect this game to be shallower even more then the original Space Invaders.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
ppl like this game bcz it has resemblance to a famous game... is it fair to judge a game by its parent of sibling?

still a good way to analyse a game by looking at its previous genre successes... this game has built on that with slightly more modern approach

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
ppl like this game bcz it has resemblance to a famous game... is it fair to judge a game by its parent of sibling?

still a good way to analyse a game by looking at its previous genre successes... this game has built on that with slightly more modern approach

Also it was published by Zoo.

Scruffy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ruri said:
OH MY GOD. That's the absolute worst trailer I've ever seen.
You've missed some trailers that have shown up lately. Has anyone else noticed that this resembles a combination of Asteroids and Space Invaders, and even combines the names? I'm not saying it's going to be bad or anything, this might turn out to be a good game, or a horrible game that will only be bought by parents who don't know any better.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is like Asteroids meets Geometry Wars, but with bosses to fight on occasion.

You can use either full DPad and buttons, or a combo of touchscreen and DPad (or buttons.....depending on which hand you write with) to play ala Geometry Wars.

Hardest thing to get used to in this game is that when you move your ship, it keeps floating like Asteroids instead of the tighter control of Geometry Wars, so you die a lot because of floating into stuff. Backgrounds can make obstacles hard to see....stuff tends to blend into the background.

Still, it scratches my old-school itch and plays fairly well for what it is. I like it.

To be honest, I expected a heck of a lot more of these types of games on the DS. Wish there WERE more of these types.

Guess I should add the obligatory; Works on CycloDS B.4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol