DS #5018: Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of the Starry Skies (USA)

War Destroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have bought and beaten every single Dragon Quest (DW) game since part 1 on the NES. The rise of the emulation scene will not stop me from supporting such an epic, classic and high quality game series. BUY NOW!

seankun

Trophies
XP
Country
argh... sorry, but how exactly do i get this to work on my R4? :/ theres loads to read through and its just getting me more confused...

ufotrash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uggghh there are too many threads and I'm not exactly sure where to ask so I'll try here...

Question: We're using EDGE 1.11 and have been playing for nearly 30 hours already with no problems...also we're using the Xenom vers. So anyway, the BF changed the date on the DS to his birthday cause he read that there are more frequent item drops???? But uh, when he did, the game froze upon start up. What's that all about? Maybe just a freaky coincidence? Just wanted to know if anyone else ran into this problem...he lost a few hours of play because of it since he rarely saves and mostly quick saves...haha. Wanted to see if there was any way to console him...
rofl2.gif

mcmahon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taken said:
mcmahon said:
I finished downloading, but the screen is just white. Any fixes for it? I have EDGE v1.5 btw.
Update your firmware to edge 1.11, Then you can play. Clean rom no patches.
Did what you said but the white screen still persists. I think the Bahamut version is what I got.

russelms

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took me quite some time but I got this to work using my old DS-X. Using the patched xenom version I would always get "the save file is corrupted" error and the intro would repeatedly loop.

I had to did a arm7 injection using metroid hunters (367) as a base and the game came to life. Time to dive in
smile.gif

Fancypancy99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Been a while since i last posted a message (thanks to Maryland's [of USA] damned storm that knocked branches down on power lines). In the time between last post and now, i have beaten game, gotten sage, gotten Action Replay codes (am i only one here that uses it?), and gotten a halo for my hero. Also, a team of Max Leveled Priest (me hero), a thief/ ranger, a martial artist, and a mage (going onto a $ledge MáGé (sub strange things for italiced text)[word pun lol-copter]). Two questions: Can i get wings so i can get to the cronocrystal? & Can someone tell me where to find Luminary (Superstar[it sucks in general, as heard, but still want so i can show off feats]).

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fancypancy99 said:
Hey! Been a while since i last posted a message (thanks to Maryland's [of USA] damned storm that knocked branches down on power lines). In the time between last post and now, i have beaten game, gotten sage, gotten Action Replay codes (am i only one here that uses it?), and gotten a halo for my hero. Also, a team of Max Leveled Priest (me hero), a thief/ ranger, a martial artist, and a mage (going onto a $ledge MáGé (sub strange things for italiced text)[word pun lol-copter]). Two questions: Can i get wings so i can get to the cronocrystal? & Can someone tell me where to find Luminary (Superstar[it sucks in general, as heard, but still want so i can show off feats]).

"wings": Go get the quest at port llaffen. Jona will tell you what to do.

Luminary: Talk to the dancers in Gleeba.

Fancypancy99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, thanks, but you answered only two of the three things i asked (yes, i said it was only 2 questions, but something ending a question mark makes it one). The third is "Am i the only one who uses [Action Replay]?", which i do wish to know since a large amount of the posts left by people (of all the ones i saw) are about some hacking stuff, which seems to lack a simple, easy method of knowing if it will work on a game or not (as i have read in others' posts), which i find to be a very annoying consequence. The action replay, for those who not know it, is a device that has codes for games on it when bought, can be given new game codes, and either works or does not work. Plus, with a PC computer, one can: make code folders (holding, say, exp multipliers ranging from x2 to x128 {the exp is multiplied by the multiplier}), find tons of new codes (working for all continents' game versions), download super long codes (longer it is, more likly it will work [i guess]+ are the best) in the time you can go to the bathroom for a piss, AND can update your Action Replay with new codes for a game. Now, does THAT sound like a worth- while buy or not (no, i am not advertising it [if doing so is against the terms and policies])?

Fancypancy99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait, how can the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (the info police forbid me on giving info away to others) "fly" you to the mountained- off areas? it can only _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. Stinken' info police. Luckly, they are leenient towards cheat boxes being used. But only those knowledged by the end of the game may see it or the info police will shave your pet, family, and anyone else.

CODEIn the Port Laffen second quest, i read that you must fight a stronger Lleviathan and you get Serling's whistle (which, as i do recall, summons the gold train, which is invisible to the hero since he is a mortal). I lol when i saw the part when the train hit Barbarus and he flew off, then i loloma when i realized what the other people saw: NOTHING!

Rm88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I'm playing the Xenom version and I simply can't find the right game ID for the cheat codes. I've tried YDQE 6692DAD2 and YDQE 23A95403 without luck. Does anyone know the game ID for the Xenom version?

EDIT: Using cheat editor I got 6692DAD2, but it just doesn't work -_- I'm using M3 Real.

EDIT 2: Uh... I just noticed the cheats don't work for any game on my SD anymore. I deleted the cheat_EN file and replaced it with an unedited one and it works again, but as soon as I modify it (adding or removing cheats in notepad) the cheats don't work anymore. So I can't use cheats for DQIX -_-

EDIT 3: I downloaded the latest cheat file from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/ - now I can see the cheats, but when the cheats are activated the game always freezes after the xenom intro. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Breyyne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the roms for the Events have been leaked yet?

I know the Pokemon games used special roms for the events does DQ9?

Fancypancy99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have everything now except for a few things: the items that require orbs (shudder at the knowledge), completing more quests, and bringing all my characters to Almighty status (lv. 99 and all vocations, which affects their other vocations' ability scores). i must know: ANYONE USING ACTION REPLAY EXCEPT ME!?! & WHERE ARE MINSTREL MOAI (for Luminary quest)???

Oh, dang. info box fail. wow. help on that, please?

umewotaberusaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing the IPS patched version which is Bahumut with the Xenom load screen removed... I'm 70 hours into the game and at Gerzuun, I'm stuck at the gate, Bayarmaa never appears and the gate won't open for me. I got frustrated and then went to Swinedimples... and completed it to the cut scene of the ghost where it tells me to sit down in the class room... after that, there is no ghost and students in the classroom and I can't battle the ghost simply because it's not in the classroom.
I have no idea what I need to do and I'm super frustrated!!!~

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fancypancy99 said:
i have everything now except for a few things: the items that require orbs (shudder at the knowledge), completing more quests, and bringing all my characters to Almighty status (lv. 99 and all vocations, which affects their other vocations' ability scores). i must know: ANYONE USING ACTION REPLAY EXCEPT ME!?! & WHERE ARE MINSTREL MOAI (for Luminary quest)???

Oh, dang. info box fail. wow. help on that, please?
Minstel Moai can only be found in high level Grottos. You probably will not see one until you revocate at least once. As for whether anyone else uses action replay...
This is the answer:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...