DS #4900: Jam with the Band (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, May 19, 2010.

1. Pliskron

Pliskron Banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    Has anyone had any luck adding BDX songs? I'm not having any luck with degausser or bdxtool.

2. Rubedo

Rubedo Aikawa is OLEV

Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    I'm still unable to play it on my card, but it's very likely that Nintendo changed the location of the BDX chunk (where the songs are stored) to prevent BDXtool/Degausser from working, in which case we'll have to wait for a new version of the programs. Otherwise, it could be as simple as a new form of AP that could be fixed with a firmware update.

Are you able to save and load data normally?

3. Inunah

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    I tried it on R4 Wood. All I got was double black screen.

No$GBA, even with No$zoomer, gets double black screen too.

If R4 wood can't play it, then I don't know how any of you other people got it to work.........
    So seriously, this isn't cool and should have already been fixed.

4. Rubedo

Rubedo Aikawa is OLEV

Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    Chill out and wait. I've got it worse than most of you. I'm not even allowed to report that it doesn't work to Team Cyclops until the game is officially out or else I'll be banned [​IMG]

5. devilworld

devilworld Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2010
    Surrey,UK
    quickly off topic, looks like new POP DS game also has more AP and that the DSTWO isnt playing that either [​IMG]
    looks like weve got fun times ahead >,

6. Inunah

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Chill out and wait? But i've been waiting YEARS for a fricken English version of Daigasso! I think i've waited long enough for it.... I've been waiting almost longer than i've been waiting for Bob's Game. Give that a little time to dance in your head. It means that I REFUSE TO WAIT ANY LONGER THAN I HAVE TO. I HAVE THE ROM. THIS MEANS IT SHOULD WORK. I'M NOT WAITING FOR ANY FUCKING FIX, BECAUSE IT SHOULD WORK.

Have a nice day. [​IMG]

Oh, and by the way, if it's not fixed in 7 hours, I will be expecting someone to have taken all the shit from JwtB and made a patch for it to go into DBBDX.

EDIT: I'm such a bitch. Though today it's because of this and because there's nothing to freakin' do.

7. Jei

Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Oct 17, 2003
    Brazil
    Zillions of pixels far away~
    *snip

I did try Daigasso myself before but couldn`t get much from the mechanics of the game, so I`ve also been waiting for an english version, but I`m not bitching around just because I want it as much as everyone else does, so chill your goddamn ass down and wait, will ya? [​IMG]

8. Inunah

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    You don't understand. Waiting is for the fools who didn't know about Daigasso until a week ago.
    Waiting is NOT for those who have been waiting since Jam with the Band was first announced.

Seriously. R4 Wood works with everything. The ROM must be a bad dump. Anyone know if there's a dump by Bahamut or Xenophobia or something? All I can find are EXiMiUS dumps.

9. da_rula

da_rula GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Seriously. A GOOD game (and this one IS a good one!) should be bought and not be pirated...

10. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    *snip
    Wood R4 doesn't work with PoP, does it? Don't act like Wood is god.

What about us here in the US?

11. Inunah

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    PoP games on DS aren't that great anyway. I was talking about good games.

12. Aeilos

Aeilos Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2010
    United States
    You import.

13. Inunah

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Importing games ups the price like $10.

Most people would rather pay the price advertised in stores or pay nothing at all than pay an extra $10 to import it.

14. Rubedo

Rubedo Aikawa is OLEV

Jul 29, 2008
    United States
    I say that only allowing you 50 download songs that you can never edit or delete no matter what is plenty reason to pirate it.
    Especially since the Japanese version had 100.

15. VenomTSH

VenomTSH GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2007
    Croatia
    Opinion =/= fact. Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean there aren't people who think they're good.

16. Leamonde.Halcyon

Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    6x9=42
    I would love to buy games and support the companies that deserve it but I honestly don't have the money. My DS is and original DS Phat that I bought when it first came out and I'd been saving for it from my babysitting money for a while. My flash cart was a gift. I don't babysit anymore since we moved years ago and I can't afford to buy games like ever. I treat all my electronics and game systems like glass because we cannot afford to replace them. We get a little desperate just getting replacement parts for things. I've been living with a dying ribbon cable in my DS for a couple months now :/ Not everyone can afford to import or even buy normally.

On topic, the song lineup looks pretty good and I do hope we'll be able to use some of the songs made for the J version.

17. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    This isn't a piracy debate topic. Stop acting like it is.

This a thread about either the gameplay itself, fixing the game, info on the game, or questions about the game. Not about whatever the fuck you're talking about at the moment.

So get on topic ladies.

18. Inunah

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Hasn't almost every release thread turned into a piracy debate topic?

19. geoflcl

geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

GBAtemp Patron
    geoflcl is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    So, how 'bout that Barbara the Bat? [​IMG]

The game'll be patched soon. I highly doubt the dumpers are lounging around when the whole DS scene is making waves about this game.

20. Leamonde.Halcyon

Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    6x9=42
    Fair enough. I just hate preachers.

Getting myself back on topic here, I'm looking forward to playing with the song creator. Is the song lineup the only thing that's been changed in the localization?