Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Rubedo said:
Gnargle said:
89 members reading.
Well, seems like everyone wants Band Bros fixed.
G6DS users, meanwhile, still can't use HG and SS without patching the ROM twice in a certain order on the night of a new moon.
And it still crashes.
Looking forward to JWTB though!
biggrin.gif

I'm quite glad that everyone seems interested in this game. I've only been spamming just about every forum under the sun for the last month, telling people all about this game XD
It really is an amazing game, and for those of you who haven't played the Japanese version before, you're in for a real treat.
Played the original extensively, the wait while DX was cracked was agonising. When it finally worked I adored it.
And then my cart wiped and I couldn't be bothered with all the patches and translations I used.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
years ago, Nintendo Power Mentioned about Jam With the Band being localized to North America...it was a no show at E3 (back then when the ESA wasn't such fucking secretive cunts who would actually LET people see what they we're working on)

after the no show it was forgotten...

This isn't the same game.
That was Daigasso! Band Brothers (2005). THIS Jam With the Band is based on Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (2008), a much improved sequel.
But maybe we'll see a US version at E3
biggrin.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I'm totally stoked to mess around with the music creation portion of this game. Never nailed it in the original, on account of the language barrier...

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gnargle said:
Rubedo said:
Gnargle said:
89 members reading.
Well, seems like everyone wants Band Bros fixed.
G6DS users, meanwhile, still can't use HG and SS without patching the ROM twice in a certain order on the night of a new moon.
And it still crashes.
Looking forward to JWTB though!
biggrin.gif

I'm quite glad that everyone seems interested in this game. I've only been spamming just about every forum under the sun for the last month, telling people all about this game XD
It really is an amazing game, and for those of you who haven't played the Japanese version before, you're in for a real treat.
Played the original extensively, the wait while DX was cracked was agonising. When it finally worked I adored it.
And then my cart wiped and I couldn't be bothered with all the patches and translations I used.

Wait... patches and translations? For DX? :wtf:

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
There were definitely patches, I had it working on my cart before a firmware update.
I think there was a translation, could be wrong though.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
geoflcl said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
Pong20302000 said:
wonder if works on supercard two

anyone?

nope...your anti-anti-piracy didn't save you.

I deem this Quote of the Day.

But, yeah, I guess it's a possibility that they haven't implemented it, on second thought.

Main feature list for SuperCard DSTWO:
1. RealTime Functions: RealTime Save(Enhanced, 3D game more stable), RealTime Game Guide(txt, bmp) & RealTime Cheat. (More stable, more easy to use, cheat code compatible with popular cheat file)
2. Multi Saves (Up to 4 slots), Easy to backup and restore saves.
3. New exclusive feature. Free Cheat function. During game play will allow you to search for and enable various cheats and hacks, such as modifying or even locking your characters health.
4. Unlimited MicroSD storage space support. SDHC support. FAT or FAT32.
5. Multiple languages (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Spanish)
6. Built-in GBA Emulator. More Emulator will be developed on schedule. Such as SNES.
7. Hotkey user-defined.
8. New Hardware Control Action Slow Motion (Up to 4 levels).
9. File Management System (Copy, Paste, Cut and Delete, long file name support).
10. eBook (BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, GIF, TXT, PDF).
11. New exclusive feature. Intelligent clean mode, automatically detect memory card speed and save type.
12. New exclusive feature. Hardware defence DS Anti Piracy. No Patch needed.

thats from there sites
looks like it should be working
tongue.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with the SCDS2's AP protection is that it's AP protection. If this game is anything like the last one, the saves are all given unique IDs that the game won't boot without, and after it does boot, it's required to access the wifi song "shop"(can't think of a better term for it. while no money is exchanged, you technically are shopping for these songs as there is a limited amount of songs you are allowed to grab from there, and you aren't allowed to undo this download). The Japanese version once working booted and could access the WiFi shop for a limited amount of time before Nintendo finally blocked it.

devilworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spikey said:
The problem with the SCDS2's AP protection is that it's AP protection. If this game is anything like the last one, the saves are all given unique IDs that the game won't boot without, and after it does boot, it's required to access the wifi song "shop"(can't think of a better term for it. while no money is exchanged, you technically are shopping for these songs as there is a limited amount of songs you are allowed to grab from there, and you aren't allowed to undo this download). The Japanese version once working booted and could access the WiFi shop for a limited amount of time before Nintendo finally blocked it.

this is what i was getting at, possibly not working because of the save problem *cough*Dementium 2*cough*, and POSSIBLY not AP.
so this could be a black sheep for the DSTWO, and not to get worried about the A_AP not working

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
BlueSword said:
Song list?

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=123972
HOWEVER That is only the PACK-IN song list!
If you have a legitimate copy of the game, you can download up to 50 more songs from Wi-Fi, and if you have a flash cart, you can make use of THOUSANDS of songs created for the Japanese version of the game.
http://www.mediafire.com/?lodi32znnkt
(3,070, including duplicates, can be found in the above link)

Preview images of just SOME of the songs found in the pack.
(Anime songs)

(Video Game songs)

(You'll have to click the direct links on the pages or they'll be too small)

Additionally, I can confirm that this is getting 2 black screens on boot with the newest stable CycloDS firmware.

Why would the 50+ songs not work with a flash cart? The DLC for every other game I've tried on my Acekard works fine.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
devilworld said:
Spikey said:

this is what i was getting at, possibly not working because of the save problem *cough*Dementium 2*cough*, and POSSIBLY not AP.
so this could be a black sheep for the DSTWO, and not to get worried about the A_AP not working

i was told that the dementium 2 issue was indeed AP and it was similar to those old AP we usually have

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Rubedo said:
BlueSword said:
Song list?

If you have a legitimate copy of the game, you can download up to 50 more songs from Wi-Fi, and if you have a flash cart, you can make use of THOUSANDS of songs created for the Japanese version of the game.

(Anime songs)

(Video Game songs)

Additionally, I can confirm that this is getting 2 black screens on boot with the newest stable CycloDS firmware.

Why would the 50+ songs not work with a flash cart? The DLC for every other game I've tried on my Acekard works fine.
The problem would stem from the fact that these were made for the Japanese version of the game, which might have differences with how the song files work compared to the European version. In the end, I'm sure it will be possible for someone to make a converter in such an event.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Rubedo said:
BlueSword said:
Song list?

(Anime songs)

(Video Game songs)

Basically, every copy of the game has an ID.
Dumped carts share the same ID.
If two games have the same ID and different save file data (like one having a download song that the other doesn't have), it detects that they're pirating and bans the ID from Wi-Fi.
If you try and use an ID that Nintendo's server's don't recognize, it won't allow you to access Wi-Fi.

Basically it blocks you on both sides.

devilworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
devilworld said:
Spikey said:

i was told that the dementium 2 issue was indeed AP and it was similar to those old AP we usually have

frown.gif
well i haven't got dollar for the DSTWO at the moment anyways, i guess wishful thinking right
yay.gif

well i guess were all gonna be patiently awaiting for a fix/update
still cant test it yet myself (on wood) as the DS is in use by the girlfriend >,< lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?