L551

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Working on my current build of akaio
biggrin.gif

Norm, you're such a tease with all these quick fixes in the beta build, but we regular users have to wait forever for them
tongue.gif

I hope to go back to the days of quick loader updates.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere on the TC forums that suggested the save file may need an ID code injected into it to work. Something about how it detects piracy and prevents online song DL's, etc......a fake code can make the game work on a flashcart, but it won't go online. It went on to say something about the injected ID code was the hotfix on the (J) version until flashcart teams updated their firmware.

So I guess some kind of ID code needs to be injected into an 8MB save file to at least get it to run on our flashcarts.(?)

I don't know....just repeating what I read that may be relevant to our current situation.....

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lookie401 said:
Heh, ripping the rom apart they use "We Are the Champions" as the karaoke example (would share it if allow).

And I got used to Japanese Babara voice that listening to English Babara just sound weird. lol

I don't suppose you would be able to extract the bdxes of the new songs, would you?

devilworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just a bit off topic
i hope this isnt going to be the start of all the new releases coming out, not working on ANY cart and then waiting for the eventual fix, then the eventual update :S

first the elections lol, now this, dammn
cant complain though, is two days before release

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
FWNED = Fucking Owned

and yes. supercard has lots of leeway to work with now...or damn them for false advertisement ._<

on topic -

so this does not work on ANY flashcart what so ever!? D ;

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
devilworld said:
just a bit off topic
i hope this isnt going to be the start of all the new releases coming out, not working on ANY cart and then waiting for the eventual fix, then the eventual update :S

This game has a truckload of AP though, most of which was never cracked in the Japanese version and will probably not be cracked in this version (the stuff that prevents you from downloading from Wi-Fi. The game itself will run fine once someone bypasses the booting AP)

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
devilworld said:
just a bit off topic

This game has a truckload of AP though, most of which was never cracked in the Japanese version and will probably not be cracked in this version (the stuff that prevents you from downloading from Wi-Fi. The game itself will run fine once someone bypasses the booting AP)

even if it is fixed and we still can't use wifi to DL the songs, we can still use that mega pack around 2 pages back for songs

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
FWNED = Fucking Owned

and yes. supercard has lots of leeway to work with now...or damn them for false advertisement ._<

on topic -

so this does not work on ANY flashcart what so ever!? D ;
Actually, not many people have confirmed/denied it working, but from what I gather it's not working on AKAIO, SCDS1 or 2, G6DS Real (and probably therefore M3DS Real) and probably others I've missed.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, curse Ninty's Wifi AP. In a stroke of genius, they've devised a working AP that has stood the test of time.

Scary, really.
ohmy.gif

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
Lookie401 said:
Heh, ripping the rom apart they use "We Are the Champions" as the karaoke example (would share it if allow).

And I got used to Japanese Babara voice that listening to English Babara just sound weird. lol

I don't suppose you would be able to extract the bdxes of the new songs, would you?
Can't do. The tool I'm using only extract the content in the sound.dat (or in-game music like the title screen, menus, jingles, sfx, stream audio, etc.)

I remember there was a tool for the Japanese version to extract the song but I don't remember where was it. @_@

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
geoflcl said:
Yeah, curse Ninty's Wifi AP. In a stroke of genius, they've devised a working AP that has stood the test of time.

Scary, really.
ohmy.gif
You know, my non-pirating side wishes Nintendo'd put some real tough AP on every Wii/DS game so they'd force me to buy their games.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
Rubedo said:
devilworld said:
just a bit off topic

even if it is fixed and we still can't use wifi to DL the songs, we can still use that mega pack around 2 pages back for songs

The Mega Pack I made is far from complete, it's a mere fraction of what the Japanese users have created, but they password protect all of their bdx files so it's a pain in the ass to get some. Plus there's tons I never bothered to get in the first place due to being unfamiliar with the game/anime/band they're from. Everything in there is stuff I either actively searched for or something someone just dropped into my lap.
Plus we don't even know yet if they'll even work with JWTB. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo intentionally disabled bdx functionality. I already sent an email to Yasu (the creator of BDX Tool, Among other things) about it, but I don't know if he'll respond or be willing to address any issues that may come up.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lookie401 said:
Rubedo said:
Lookie401 said:

Can't do. The tool I'm using only extract the content in the sound.dat (or in-game music like the title screen, menus, jingles, sfx, stream audio, etc.)

I remember there was a tool for the Japanese version to extract the song but I don't remember where was it. @_@

You mean to extract the Japanese pack-in songs? Oh god, I'd kill to have Konayuki with an English title so I don't have to hunt for it in the mess of moon runes in DBBDX (I have a BDX of Konayuki but it totally blows in comparison to the one packed in).

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
89 members reading.
Well, seems like everyone wants Band Bros fixed.
G6DS users, meanwhile, still can't use HG and SS without patching the ROM twice in a certain order on the night of a new moon.
And it still crashes.
Looking forward to JWTB though!
biggrin.gif

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gnargle said:
89 members reading.
Well, seems like everyone wants Band Bros fixed.
G6DS users, meanwhile, still can't use HG and SS without patching the ROM twice in a certain order on the night of a new moon.
And it still crashes.
Looking forward to JWTB though!
biggrin.gif

I'm quite glad that everyone seems interested in this game. I've only been spamming just about every forum under the sun for the last month, telling people all about this game XD
It really is an amazing game, and for those of you who haven't played the Japanese version before, you're in for a real treat.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
years ago, Nintendo Power Mentioned about Jam With the Band being localized to North America...it was a no show at E3 (back then when the ESA wasn't such fucking secretive cunts who would actually LET people see what they we're working on)

after the no show it was forgotten...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Ween made a song about waving dicks in the wind.
    +1
    L angle cables are amazing when needed.
    @SylverReZ Yup. Been a longtime fan of Ween. Not a mega-fan by any means but I'm pretty familiar with most of their tunes.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like the wee
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I like electronics that use detachable cables, that way if the cable breaks you can just swap in a new one instead of replacing the whole unit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Ween-er :creep:
    they make brown music. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Brown note
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for keyboards, headphones or controllers ,it's a must have
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't know why mice won't get with detachable type c