DS #4899: Monster Racers (USA)

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
@Nyteshade714 I too got zaal in the 1st visit to Star caves infact i guess the encounter rate is very low however i got it at the place where the monster stays stationary at a corner as you approach the green guy (Jeng or Jung not sure).. Man I was really hoping that the monster's would evolve sadly it seems it doesn't
frown.gif
(

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
I'm sorry if this has been asked (looked around this thread, but didn't see anything), but what is the wifi for? Does it let you battl- errr, race other people's monsters?
It seems that what they're planning to do is occasionally release "Tournaments" which are just a time trial track. You download them from Wifi, complete them, then you can upload your score to an online leaderboard. Ranking high earns you a monster.(I got 15th place on the leaderboard and got a free...Poko. Okay yeah it sucks but still, free.)

But it is not multiplayer. The only multiplayer in this game is local wireless. Meaning with your friends or something.

Buchichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hotzdevil said:
@Nyteshade714 I too got zaal in the 1st visit to Star caves infact i guess the encounter rate is very low however i got it at the place where the monster stays stationary at a corner as you approach the green guy (Jeng or Jung not sure).. Man I was really hoping that the monster's would evolve sadly it seems it doesn't
frown.gif
(

That's exactly where mine was - sitting in a patch of grass right next to the ledge the guy is on. It's probably there for everyone...

QUOTE(benbop1992 @ May 19 2010, 03:48 PM) Is this like a Monster Rancher spinoff game?

this has nothing to do with Monster Rancher. There are "monsters" like in pokemon, MR, Digimon and the like, only rather than battles, you race. They don't evolve, there are, I think, 80 different ones to collect, they have elements which can be mixed and matched with breeding, tournaments to race in, areas to unlock with area-specific monsters and you can equip one thing per monster.

Pretty simple but quite fun.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
memphisB said:
reminds me of excite bike.
laugh.gif

am I the last yr 2003 surviving?
tongue.gif
No, there's others too, but the 2009/2010 people are way more active now, as GBAtemp's become huge. People from the early days that still post have perseverance for staying here. So, respect mate!
wink.gif

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DemonicChocobo said:
tinymonkeyt said:
I'm sorry if this has been asked (looked around this thread, but didn't see anything), but what is the wifi for? Does it let you battl- errr, race other people's monsters?
It seems that what they're planning to do is occasionally release "Tournaments" which are just a time trial track. You download them from Wifi, complete them, then you can upload your score to an online leaderboard. Ranking high earns you a monster.(I got 15th place on the leaderboard and got a free...Poko. Okay yeah it sucks but still, free.)

But it is not multiplayer. The only multiplayer in this game is local wireless. Meaning with your friends or something.

Yeah I got 12th and they gave me an Exotic Lv.5 Poko for coming in the "Top 50". I tried again and got 10th place, and because it's an even number they give me a Black Gumdrop.

Hope more tournaments come out.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Many say it's not a pokemon/monster-rancher clone but all the descriptions in here point exactly in this direction. Somebody tried a comparison but failed at it. That list really showed lots of similarities. Changing names doesn't prevent something from being a clone
tongue.gif
. Anyways sounds a bit dull but chances are it's a time killer. Time killer games are though usually, well, boring. The mixing à la monster rancher is stupid. What use are bonus/penalty systems if you can simply cross-breed tons of times until you gather all bonus attributes? Not really much. But I guess that's why it's describe as being only a time killer game.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
moogle87 said:
So it's like an expanded version of kirby's gourmet race? cool.
Actually, that's the best comparison I've seen. It IS a lot like Kirby's Gourmet Race.

BTW, I hate how the names of the monsters in this game are VERY similar to Pokémon names...

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
its in the american continent (that's what Krystal uses right) its in the grand canyon the place has to be unlocked by completing some of the races which is unlocked by listening to the family of 3..

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
Fun game, ive put 10 hours intot this now. At the moment im breeding a tartarok, ive got one that runs on every terrain now
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple