Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iamthemilkman said:
Collecting roms?
wtf.gif

I can understand getting pissed if you purchase a game and it has a dude's name scribbled on the disc with marker, but comes on, lol.

To clarify, I don't mind intro screens on a cracked game, I actually expect that on a cracked ROM. It's when they add an intro to an otherwise clean ROM (and then nuke the ACTUAL clean ROM) that I don't agree with.

And what's wrong with collecting DS ROMs? I've had a DS since day one, may as well collect all the ROMs too. I have access to around 10TB of space here, so it's not like I don't have room for them. Maybe one day they will be useful for some ROM site to get back up and running after a crash or something. Who knows.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
iamthemilkman said:
Collecting roms?
wtf.gif

I can understand getting pissed if you purchase a game and it has a dude's name scribbled on the disc with marker, but comes on, lol.

To clarify, I don't mind intro screens on a cracked game, I actually expect that on a cracked ROM. It's when they add an intro to an otherwise clean ROM (and then nuke the ACTUAL clean ROM) that I don't agree with.

And what's wrong with collecting DS ROMs? I've had a DS since day one, may as well collect all the ROMs too. I have access to around 10TB of space here, so it's not like I don't have room for them. Maybe one day they will be useful for some ROM site to get back up and running after a crash or something. Who knows.

Nothing wrong with keeping 'em around, but I don't think an intro devalues something that's already worth nothing. I'd get pissed if I had to sit through a lousy intro, but at least you can just skip 'em.

The intros are plain ass ugly, however.

ohaythar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh, I haven't been following the actual "scene" for very long, so I don't mean to sound retarded, but are we actually complaining about a 2 second intro (which we could skip with the mere press of a button) on a product that is provided to us free of charge?

I know there should be standards and everything, but isn't this a mite...ungrateful?

If a group does release something with an epilepsy inducing opening, isn't that within their rights? Shouldn't they be entitled to recognition for providing something for free that would otherwise require some kind of monetary exchange on our part? Since very few of us will actually attempt to make up for our spiffy new rom by actually buying the game, a small, flashy garnish shouldn't be met with so much rage... right?

A noob's 2 cents (I pressed the button past the venom intro, and wasn't bothered by it).

(Though I think there's something about the intro messing up the saving system, the patch basically resolved all my save issues, so I haven't noticed)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem wasn't the intro alone. I don't know whether that messed with the saving anyways. The problem was that they nuked a clean release, presumably due to being butthurt or wanting all the credit. They also didn't even contribute anything to the actual rom in fixing it. It's a laundry list of reasons why this sucked. There is plenty of room in the nfo file, filename, and release name to tout your epeen. There's no need to bug up a rom file with all that. I wouldn't mind it so much if it worked or they at least didn't nuke the clean release (and patch). But they did, further solidifying their arrogance.

I appreciate rom dumpers' efforts and such, but they're human beings and not gods. We're allowed to be critical of blatantly stupid and arrogant tactics they use. I would hope that i would be banned for getting overly arrogant and overstepping my power on this site.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
The problem wasn't the intro alone. I don't know whether that messed with the saving anyways. The problem was that they nuked a clean release, presumably due to being butthurt or wanting all the credit. They also didn't even contribute anything to the actual rom in fixing it. It's a laundry list of reasons why this sucked. There is plenty of room in the nfo file, filename, and release name to tout your epeen. There's no need to bug up a rom file with all that. I wouldn't mind it so much if it worked or they at least didn't nuke the clean release (and patch). But they did, further solidifying their arrogance.

I appreciate rom dumpers' efforts and such, but they're human beings and not gods. We're allowed to be critical of blatantly stupid and arrogant tactics they use. I would hope that i would be banned for getting overly arrogant and overstepping my power on this site.
Of which nobody does here. Why do you think people use this GBA/DS site as opposed to others?
I've seen a few staff members of related sites (often with with ROM's and such, in addition) and they are extremely narcissistic.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha! I just spotted one popular site that nuked the hacked Venom release and are providing the proper iND release in its place. At least there's one site out there with some common freakin' sense.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Rayder said:
Ha! I just spotted one popular site that nuked the hacked Venom release and are providing the proper iND release in its place. At least there's one site out there with some common freakin' sense.

Well.. make it 2 then
smile.gif

one of my favourite site that uses 0day release
also removed the venom game immediately after PROPER was pre-ed

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
we worry too much about the fact that releases are taken as if to dumpers credit... the fact that the roms are dumped and distributed is enuf of a reason to point fingers (by the true owners) to the piraters... anything after that is what we may call internal conflict
eg.) If i steal something from a market and hide away my identity then the market owners will accuse me although they dont know me... now when i am going to sell in the black market with my own name then the other robbers will tell me u have taken credit for something u did not own or make... now what is worse? stealing or taking credit falsely?
I respect the opinion of others (lol and if i didnt they i would truly be called a robber) but also understand that not everybody works for the ppl but some do it for interest and to get some reputation esp on a good release

I still feel taking a clean rom and then waiting for a new firmware is better (wood) since it supports clean roms efficiently

And as my teacher always used to say after a debate... we can agree to disagree

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to OrlyDB

This dump and crack are not nuked and the Venom dump/crack are nuked.

Dementium_II_NDS-VENOM bad.dump_undersized_i40.tinypic.com.am9ojd.png_intro.causing.saving.issues_
get.iND.proper

Dementium_II_CRACK_NDS-VENOM not.fully.cracked_saving.issues.remain_get.XPA.proper

stonegolem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't like the idea of putting my name on somewhere where it doesn't belong. The developers of these games spend months (even years) to create these games. They are the ones who deserve to show their names on a game.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
stonegolem said:
I don't like the idea of putting my name on somewhere where it doesn't belong. The developers of these games spend months (even years) to create these games. They are the ones who deserve to show their names on a game.

Wow, that's some good moralising from someone who doesn't actually buy the game and relies on release groups giving them to him for free. How about if you don't like the people who spend their time dumping and cracking games taking credit for it, then you go and buy the original.

ramboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dementium_II_CRACKFIX_and_Plus3_Trainer release today by venom fix saving and have some cheats from the start like all guns are accesible

finalzelda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the game?
And what is this chitchat about an intro this is about a game not about supercard nuking whith venom this demention is cracked....
Your guys are strangeeeee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended