DS #4852: Iron Man 2 (Europe)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mind the last one only that it got repetitive and the on foot sections for abysmally bad.

HVS only seem to be making this game just to fund other projects though so low hopes, can't be worse than Fantastic Four 2 though.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read this one was being developed by Griptonite, so I'll at least give it a whirl. Hopefully, it's not another Web of Shadows with a new skin. I loved that game, but they've already repackaged the gameplay several times now.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
Read this one was being developed by Griptonite, so I'll at least give it a whirl. Hopefully, it's not another Web of Shadows with a new skin. I loved that game, but they've already repackaged the gameplay several times now.

They did a pretty nice job on the AC2 game.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried it and I'm disappointed. It has a lot of potential, but it's not doing it for me. I like playing as Rhodes a good bit, but it's just not a very interesting game. There are a few new clever ideas, but for the most part, it's just more Griptonite gameplay templates with an Iron Man skin.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I hope the PSP version better than this, I like the prequel game on PSP
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sa1amandra said:
white screen on r4 1.18 and YSmenu

Who uses R4 official firmware or YSMenu anymore? Wood R4 blows both out of the water. Or a better flashcart
wink.gif

I'll try it eventually, but Griptonite has a tendency to take one gameplay formula that's worked before and just skin it for everything with small changes. Not all of these are bad (Assassin's Creed II: Discovery), but some are pretty damn average (Daniel X).

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
sa1amandra said:

Who uses R4 official firmware or YSMenu anymore? Wood R4 blows both out of the water. Or a better flashcart
wink.gif

I'll try it eventually, but Griptonite has a tendency to take one gameplay formula that's worked before and just skin it for everything with small changes. Not all of these are bad (Assassin's Creed II: Discovery), but some are pretty damn average (Daniel X).
Hey, I'm a man of my vintage flashcarts.
I've been wanting to get a new one, any suggestions?

noname9889

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sa1amandra said:
Guild McCommunist said:
sa1amandra said:

wink.gif

Hey, I'm a man of my vintage flashcarts.
I've been wanting to get a new one, any suggestions?
acekard 2i without a doubt. dsi compatible, you can get it for only $20 and you dont have to deal with much ap when using it, and if there is any, theres always a firmware patch for it within a week or so

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only played a little bit through the tutorial, but I already don't like the idea of needing the stylus handy all the time. Looks like it primarily controls with the d-pad and buttons, but one of the first things the tutorial was teaching aiming with the stylus.

I'll probably still play it though, I like these Metroid-like games such as Daniel X and Web of Shadows and probably this game. We never got a 2D Metroid for the DS, so these help fill the void.....well, at least a little anyway. Could do with a little less of the constant fighting though. That gets kinda tedious after awhile since they always make the enemies take way too many hits before finally going down. I'd rather have more enemies that die quick than a few that live too long.

One game that sorta kinda has a Metroid feel to it is Aliens in The Attic. At least that one had you shooting the enemies instead of fighting them all the time. Just try to look passed the Saturday-morning-cartoon graphics and it's actually kind of fun. I don't think it's made by Griptonite though. But it's a decent game for what it is.

I have a 16GB microSD, so I stuck Iron Man 2 on there and I'll play it.....someday. Heh....
smileipb2.png

VenomTSH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
GeekyGuy said:

Don't change the winning horse, I guess. In any case, this game became an instant must-have for me the moment you said "developed by Griptonite".
biggrin.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShinRyouma said:
I hope the PSP version better than this, I like the prequel game on PSP
smile.gif
Well I was hoping to play that version but the one dumped is missing a RAR file.

This version is pretty boring, better than the first but at the same time not really worth the time to put into it. Didn't know it was Griptonite but it certainly shows its by them, sadly I've not really wanted to play any of their games for very long since their Spyro: The Eternal Night game. This is a dev that needs time to develop games but they don't seem to get it.

Kreatur84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my version crashed sd card, i start nothing happened, i put card in card reader and pc shows me random grafics where the name of the games should be.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
this game is actually kinda fun, it ain't the most awesome side scroller/beat'em up/H.Shooter but it's ok.
it is by Griptonite and Sega which i consider as the prince of side scrollers of the DS (King : nintendo)
they did wonders with AC2:D, that game was really fun

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
if they would release a game like AC2 with more variety in gameplay, i dont think there would have been a better side scroller... AC2 was pretty tough at times
it would seem that such games are not calculated very well in the sense that the no., str, timing, etc of enemies is partially wrong but in continuous play, it can become a big repetitive constantly bombarding issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.