DS #4750: PokÃmon Version Argent: SoulSilver (France)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiBricker said:
Funny, in Europe those games are called Silver Edition SoulSilver and Gold Edition HeartGold. Everywhere else just HeartGold and SoulSilver.
Haha, you're right
tongue.gif
Makes no sense huh?
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

Spain too.

I guess they want to maintain the HeartGold and SoulSilver brands while still translating the title as they did in previous versions.

Also HeartGold and SoulSilver translated to most languages would sound ridiculous.

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Louisvanharten said:
that's just the French one, I'm pretty sure the other european versions are called soulsilver and Heartgold

Nope, in Germany its called "Pokémon Silberne Edition - SoulSilver". I guess in non-english countries there is always additionally the translated name on the cover.

Sheikonh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In Spain, the games are "Pokémon Edición Oro HeartGold" and "Pokémon Edición Plata SoulSilver". In Europe, the game names are the same in each country.

P.D: This game is the french one or just the north-america french zone game?

Ribesg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
schismzgz said:
Spain too.

I guess they want to maintain the HeartGold and SoulSilver brands while still translating the title as they did in previous versions.

Also HeartGold and SoulSilver translated to most languages would sound ridiculous.
It sounds right in french... All frenchies fuck nintendo for deciding this, because "Coeur d'Or" and "Ame d'Argent" sounds really beautiful for us. But Nintendo sux.

Koyaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ribesg said:
It sounds right in french... All frenchies fuck nintendo for deciding this, because "Coeur d'Or" and "Ame d'Argent" sounds really beautiful for us. But Nintendo sux.
I agree
dry.gif

Fevy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Ribesg said:

Well, we can still pretend it's "Cœur d'Or" and "Âme d'Argent", at least...

D

Deleted-236924

Actually, these games were released in Canada. Don't forget they speak french there too!
When I went to Val-Mard (Wal-Mart), they had these along with the good ol' english versions.

Of course I chose the english version!

But there's always the possibility that France gets the exact same french version than Canada.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them