DS #4709: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna: Dai Yon Kan - Kizuna (Japa

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this based on the Kai part of the series?

I think there are now four Higurashi games out on the DS. I just wish that someone would license these. I would buy them on the release dateS.

Also I'm curious if they are going come out with the Umineko series on DS?

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
CyrusBlue said:
Japan sure does love their Higurashi.

I'm too much of a pussy to read and watch it.

Higurashi is amazing. Seriously, it is the only work of fiction to ever make me paranoid/shit bricks. I really wish these games would come to english

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont think i will try this one. Looks good and all but I prefer to just read them. I tried to watch the anime but it didnt really catch my attention compared to the mangas.

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ENDscape said:
I dont think i will try this one. Looks good and all but I prefer to just read them. I tried to watch the anime but it didnt really catch my attention compared to the mangas.
Really? I've never read the manga, only watched the anime series and thought it was great. What is better about the manga, in your opinion?

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The manga, although still a condensed version of the original games, covers all the important stuff from the games as well as keeping some of the silly entertaining stuff too. As for the anime, I personally enjoyed the anime deeply myself, it wasn't awful but they made a lot of really weird decisions on what to cut and what to keep and ended up missing small pieces of important information. Regardless, if you enjoyed the anime, the manga is definitely worth a read. You might be surprised at what you missed simply watching the anime.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nehe32 said:
ENDscape said:
Really? I've never read the manga, only watched the anime series and thought it was great. What is better about the manga, in your opinion?
Well its just i stopped watching anime after high school, i just like to read than watch. I watched a whole series but i would prefer to read it instead. Maybe i like to read it more than watch it because i stopped watching anime? Im not really sure but i prefer to read rather than watch. Also, i think the fact that there are so much filler in animes made me stop watching them. An example would be khr, i stopped watching near the beginning of the future arc. I got bored of waiting for the good episodes so i decided to just read. But some of you may prefer to watch rather than read.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
nehe32 said:
CyrusBlue said:

Higurashi is amazing. Seriously, it is the only work of fiction to ever make me paranoid/shit bricks. I really wish these games would come to english

Higurashi is WAY too mature for a western audience especially if that audience is American. If a Higurashi game comes to the west there is gonna be a major shitstorm.

It'll be bigger than the Rape play fiasco and Rape play wasn't even released here.

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
nehe32 said:
CyrusBlue said:

Higurashi is WAY too mature for a western audience especially if that audience is American. If a Higurashi game comes to the west there is gonna be a major shitstorm.

It'll be bigger than the Rape play fiasco and Rape play wasn't even released here.
Um...the Higurashi games have ALREADY been brought to the US. I believe it was just a few months ago. Heck I believe I read about it here on GBATemp, hehe. Mind you, it was the original PC games and not the DS ones, but still. The first season of the anime has also been dubbed by Geneon and can be watched on Funimation's YOUTUBE CHANNEL and the manga has been brought over as well.

So yeah. Also Higurashi isn't as traumatizing as you think. There is a certain awful scene involving a certain device one's hand is placed in, but I think that's about the worst of it. And the last half of the second seasons is much less...well, I'm not gonna spoil it, but really, it's not as "mature" as you think.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
possibly one of the best boxarts made in japan, more reddish-dark colors than bright colors
it has english words in the trailer? strangely this may come to english borders
it looks like hotel dusk without movement... also the jap ppl speak too fast
it seems like a book rather than a game... good if the book is tht great in its content

P.S - Nitro with tht speed ur isp is rated 3.6 and our isp is rated 4 while we get 64KBps with instability and seems jap cant get the DSi in their trailers

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Another Higurashi game I wouldn't be able to understand
cry.gif
cry.gif

I need my Rena fix...*looks at avatar*

InternHertz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Damn, it's out now !? With all those games recently I forgot to track that one so it comes as a surprise to me...I totally need to get it, I want to know the end of the Bonus Scenario
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse