DS #4706: Dodge Racing: Charger vs. Challenger (USA)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wooo, another Racing game this month! Though, I didn't even expect this to be released. Downloading now.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Finished downloading the game now. Moved, Ejected, Played. Raced one round. The graphics are somewhat good, though. Somewhat boring as well...(Maybe that's because I only played one round).

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am r4ymond said:
Wooo, another Racing game this month! Though, I didn't even expect this to be released. Downloading now.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Finished downloading the game now. Moved, Ejected, Played. Raced one round. The graphics are somewhat good, though. Somewhat boring as well...(Maybe that's because I only played one round).
Or maybe it's because it's a ZOO game.

arielp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
meh... waste my time downloading it.. played a while.. get bored instantly..

the only car racing game that keeps me happy only Asphalt series...
graphics wise, speed wise, all good

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to GameFAQs this game released to retail Oct. 13, 2009, so I guess it's one of the undumped games that finally got dumped.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game's not terrible at all, but I can't quite get how the boosting is supposed to work. There doesn't seem to be a "boost" button, and I don't appear to be getting an auto-boost when running over those canisters. Anyone figure out how that works exactly?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kreatur84 said:
racing game sshould be played on psp or ps3/xbox,nds is best plattform for rpgs ,thats my opinion

Mario Kart DS is really good. Sideswiped is just awesome. The DS isn't a barren wasteland of shit when talking about racers.

Well, some of you guys are saying it's alright. It really just comes off as shovelware to me, though. Most things with Zoo on it and an American car manufacturer are crap.

Okaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys you are extremely severe. I had no hopes by trying this one except satisfying my curiosity, but i discovered it plays way better than the average DS racing production.

The physics remind me of DiRT 2 DS with heavier models, and the tracks have really been made in a way that asks you to work your trajectories. What is generic and might get some of you bored is the graphics and music, highly generic and unimpressive. I sincerely think this game deserves a chance, and comparing it to Sideswiped is a non-sense since Sideswiped is way more stock-car oriented (by the way Sideswiped's physics are way simpler than Dodge's ones as soon as you tune the cars - don't worry i appreciated it a lot, as i also appreciated Asphalt 2 and Speed Racer).

GeekyGuy : you have to collect the boost icons on the track to fill a boost gauge (bottom left of the bottom screen). Once it's filled, press Y.

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Okaro's impressions. Once you get used to filling up the nitro meter and unleashing its power at the right time, the game starts showing some potential. The framerate is steady and even thought the cars/tracks are a tad generic, the whole shebag aint too bad. Definitely worth a look if you enjoy drift style arcade racers.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
The game's not terrible at all, but I can't quite get how the boosting is supposed to work. There doesn't seem to be a "boost" button, and I don't appear to be getting an auto-boost when running over those canisters. Anyone figure out how that works exactly?

Hit 'Y'.....it's normally the horn button, but when you have a completely full nitro bar (red line in bottom left of screen), then you can hit 'Y' for a speed boost. The bar MUST be full to get a boost, so don't eat too many nitro canisters before blasting off a boost. Some tracks have enough to grant you two boosts if you don't over-collect the canisters. Tapping the brake (B) will cause you to power slide to help around corners without losing too much speed.

Hope that helps ya!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty. Thanks, guys, for the heads-up on that. I think the game's decent enough to warrant some fooling around with, at least until a fix has been released for another, more popular racer that recently released.
wink.gif

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game keeps freezing at race 7/12. I've tried 2 different sources and three different cart/memory setups. Any one else encountered this problem? Bit of shame, as I was just getting into the game.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
A BETTER RACING GAME YOU SHOULD WASTE YOUR TIME WITH INSTEAD OF YOUR LIFE ON THIS ONE >

5978.png
AN EVEN BETTER RACING GAME YOU SHOULD WASTE YOUR TIME WITH!1!!!11!ONEONEONE
nintendo-ds-us-box-art-20050915054524106.jpg

bultmus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raika said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
A BETTER RACING GAME YOU SHOULD WASTE YOUR TIME WITH INSTEAD OF YOUR LIFE ON THIS ONE >

5978.png
AN EVEN BETTER RACING GAME YOU SHOULD WASTE YOUR TIME WITH!1!!!11!ONEONEONE
nintendo-ds-us-box-art-20050915054524106.jpg

I havnt tried sonic and sega all star racing . (because of ttds/dstt that i have "i shjould get another flashcart") but then i think it is better than than mkds .

and about this game it isnt bad at all ... i actualy liked the way you drive the car... i pretty much like this game.
smile.gif

CHALLENGER
yay.gif

EDIT: MKDS IS better than sonic and sega all star racing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1