DS #4706: Dodge Racing: Charger vs. Challenger (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^ndsrelease-5975^^

2. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Wooo, another Racing game this month! Though, I didn't even expect this to be released. Downloading now. [​IMG]

EDIT: Finished downloading the game now. Moved, Ejected, Played. Raced one round. The graphics are somewhat good, though. Somewhat boring as well...(Maybe that's because I only played one round).

3. MAD_BOY

Member MAD_BOY Lazy bum

Netherlands
    Or maybe it's because it's a ZOO game.

4. Spikeynator

Member Spikeynator GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    are race games are the same to me and boring as hell [​IMG]

5. arielp

Newcomer arielp Advanced Member

Indonesia
    meh... waste my time downloading it.. played a while.. get bored instantly..

the only car racing game that keeps me happy only Asphalt series...
    graphics wise, speed wise, all good

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    this game is also out for wii and ps2... it seems like a great game for all consoles but lacks something to keep u playing

7. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    According to GameFAQs this game released to retail Oct. 13, 2009, so I guess it's one of the undumped games that finally got dumped.

8. Kreatur84

Member Kreatur84 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    racing game sshould be played on psp or ps3/xbox,nds is best plattform for rpgs ,thats my opinion

9. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    The game's not terrible at all, but I can't quite get how the boosting is supposed to work. There doesn't seem to be a "boost" button, and I don't appear to be getting an auto-boost when running over those canisters. Anyone figure out how that works exactly?

10. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Mario Kart DS is really good. Sideswiped is just awesome. The DS isn't a barren wasteland of shit when talking about racers.

Well, some of you guys are saying it's alright. It really just comes off as shovelware to me, though. Most things with Zoo on it and an American car manufacturer are crap.

11. Okaro

Newcomer Okaro Newbie

France
    Guys you are extremely severe. I had no hopes by trying this one except satisfying my curiosity, but i discovered it plays way better than the average DS racing production.

The physics remind me of DiRT 2 DS with heavier models, and the tracks have really been made in a way that asks you to work your trajectories. What is generic and might get some of you bored is the graphics and music, highly generic and unimpressive. I sincerely think this game deserves a chance, and comparing it to Sideswiped is a non-sense since Sideswiped is way more stock-car oriented (by the way Sideswiped's physics are way simpler than Dodge's ones as soon as you tune the cars - don't worry i appreciated it a lot, as i also appreciated Asphalt 2 and Speed Racer).

GeekyGuy : you have to collect the boost icons on the track to fill a boost gauge (bottom left of the bottom screen). Once it's filled, press Y.

12. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i really did like dirt 2 on the DS and played it alot so i guess this may turn out to be good after all... besides gotta wait till the fix is completly clear for sonic

13. dudereno

Member dudereno GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I agree with Okaro's impressions. Once you get used to filling up the nitro meter and unleashing its power at the right time, the game starts showing some potential. The framerate is steady and even thought the cars/tracks are a tad generic, the whole shebag aint too bad. Definitely worth a look if you enjoy drift style arcade racers.

14. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States

Hit 'Y'.....it's normally the horn button, but when you have a completely full nitro bar (red line in bottom left of screen), then you can hit 'Y' for a speed boost. The bar MUST be full to get a boost, so don't eat too many nitro canisters before blasting off a boost. Some tracks have enough to grant you two boosts if you don't over-collect the canisters. Tapping the brake (B) will cause you to power slide to help around corners without losing too much speed.

Hope that helps ya!

15. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Alrighty. Thanks, guys, for the heads-up on that. I think the game's decent enough to warrant some fooling around with, at least until a fix has been released for another, more popular racer that recently released. [​IMG]

16. stanleyopar2000

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States
    A BETTER RACING GAME YOU SHOULD WASTE YOUR TIME WITH INSTEAD OF YOUR LIFE ON THIS ONE >

[​IMG]

17. dudereno

Member dudereno GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The game keeps freezing at race 7/12. I've tried 2 different sources and three different cart/memory setups. Any one else encountered this problem? Bit of shame, as I was just getting into the game.

18. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    AN EVEN BETTER RACING GAME YOU SHOULD WASTE YOUR TIME WITH!1!!!11!ONEONEONE
    [​IMG]

19. DarkMega NT Warr

Newcomer DarkMega NT Warr Member

Canada
    Stop cluttering the thread with your huge boxarts! [​IMG]

20. bultmus

Member bultmus GBAtemp Regular

United Arab Emirates
    I havnt tried sonic and sega all star racing . (because of ttds/dstt that i have "i shjould get another flashcart") but then i think it is better than than mkds .

and about this game it isnt bad at all ... i actualy liked the way you drive the car... i pretty much like this game. [​IMG]
    CHALLENGER [​IMG]

EDIT: MKDS IS better than sonic and sega all star racing