zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
You could replace the title with "Multi-Cultural Beat You With A Stick Mafia" and it'd still fit. Seriously, those guys are intimidating.

Having a hard time finding reviews and such, does anybody know what the controls are like?
My guess is a top-down sort of view and using the touch screen to control the stick, it makes sense though

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
here's a breakdown for those who are not the NFO looking guys

When you want to be the best you have to beat the best. This means taking on and defeating Earl “the Pearl” Strickland, Efren Reyes, Francisco Bustamante, Ronnie O’Sullivan and current World Champion Daryll Peach – and that’s just what you can do in World Cup of Pool!Featuring 32 of the worlds top players – with over 15 Pool and Snooker world titles between them – prove you’re a winner at 8-ball, 9-ball and snooker and claim the ultimate prize in any sport – the World Cup.

Features:
Fully licensed with sixty-two of the best players from around the world.
Top screen displays the whole table, whiles the bottom touch screen allows you to cue-up with your stylus.
Numerous un-lockable extras include new cues, ball sets and table designs.
Unique Hall of Fame trophy room to track your career.
Stereo CD audio tracks for extra atmosphere.

288840_thumb.jpg

288832_thumb.jpg

288830_thumb.jpg

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The cover looks kinda like if Scarface played pool.
I mean really what's up with that cover? It's pretty damn cool for a game about pool, but it makes me wish there was more to it than just pool.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
I mean really what's up with that cover? It's pretty damn cool for a game about pool, but it makes me wish there was more to it than just pool.
Yeah, like GTA meets world cup pool.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Actua or Underground Pool (same game, different regions) and Power Play Pool for DS are better than this game. I prefer Power Play Pool myself....as far as DS pool games go, and it has its issues too, but it's at least more cohesive and I can actually play it successfully.

In World Cup of Pool, even though you have a tracer for the cue, it doesn't really help you line up the shots very well since it shows zero interaction with the ball you're trying to hit, only the path of the cue if it hits nothing. I also thought that the balls slow down and stop too quickly. I've played a fair bit of real-life pool in my day, the balls coast around the table a little more than this game does. The other games I mentioned seem to be a little more realistic in that respect.
The view can also be restrictive. On longer shots, you can't use the zoomed-in mode to see the pocket in relation to the ball....and the zoomed out mode, well you can't accurately line-up anything. Oh, and if you make the shot in the zoomed-in mode, you can't see what happened until all the balls on the table stop first so you can switch back to the zoomed-out mode. All those things combined makes this game more like a crap shoot when trying to play it than any kind of cohesive pool match. This game may have the names of a bunch of real pool pro's, but the game itself frankly isn't that good.

They should have stuck all those pro's names in a game with Power Play Pool's game engine.....maybe tweak PPP's engine a little and you could really have a good DS pool game.

Regarding the NFO for this, is there any way to verify the header info? Like a ROM info program that's been updated to determine the proper header or something? In other words, how is a proper header determined? The game works, so does it really matter? And if it does matter, why exactly?
Just curious questions.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardly Archer MacLean's Pool now is it?

How hard would it be to make a decent pool game nowadays?

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
moonmonkey said:
Hadrian said:
Is that Ronnie O'Sullivan? Since when did he play pool professionally?
He's played in the Mosconi Cup.
Give him a cue and some balls and he'll play anything, left or right handed.

Don't get me wrong he is the most talented snooker player there is. That is when he can be bothered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McThDshEgU0

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pliskron said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Yeah, like GTA meets world cup pool.
That would be interesting

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this play better than Championship Pool for the SEGA Genesis/SNES ? That game had good control and physics. I still play it.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still prefer Power Play Pool. (1692(U) 3963(E))

It's not perfect either, but better than this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over