DS #4661: Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief (Europe)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only quickly perused this game....works on CycloDS 1.56.

During battles, characters are polygons and the animation is pretty smooth. Mostly touchscreen controlled. Nice battle effects. Don't know anything about the book or movie, but the game seems like it might be OK. Looks like you're doing battles most of the time, didn't really see any exploring or overland walking around. But like I said, I didn't really play it much.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
It seems this game has some Greek mythology. According to Wikipedia, MC is the son of Poseidon.
Nice! I like Greek myths.
The gameplay looks nice. Guess I should try this.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mr.Mysterio said:
It seems this game has some Greek mythology. According to Wikipedia, MC is the son of Poseidon.
lol you saved me some brainstorming on the greek gods
rofl2.gif

thanks
smile.gif

nope. i am not getting the game due to i have bad taste in moviegames.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Bandwagon McBandwagon and the Bandwagonny Bandwagons.

rofl2.gif

But really, a Harry Potter rip-off that looks a little more "hip" and with Greeks. I mean seriously, it's like MadLibs with Harry Potter:

_______ (first name) ________ (last name) and the __________ (mysterious object or nickname)

As for the game, I'll try it out eventually. Too busy with Puzzle Chronicles though.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
megawalk said:
Mr.Mysterio said:
lol you saved me some brainstorming on the greek gods
rofl2.gif

thanks
smile.gif

nope. i am not getting the game due to i have bad taste in moviegames.

I don't wanna slate the game due to not trying it, but yeah, games based on movies are not my type either.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo, Percy Jackson and The Olympians ftw! I'm reading the first book of it atm. It's good - very good. It's somewhat like Harry Potter, but, in my opinion, it's BETTER than Harry Potter. The Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief Movie will be out on President's Day. Looking forward to the movie and looking forward to good stuff in the game.
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the preview for this when seeing Avatar. Didn't look like anything special and I had no idea that this was a book or anything before hand. I'll give it a try, though.

It brings back fond memories of Harry Potter and the Sorceress's Stone for the GBC. I only had a few GBC games and most of them were crap, outside of this and Pokemon. I played that game so much and even today I think it's a decent RPG.

Well, at least give the devs for making a RPG out of this, since most movie games just take the easy route of making some lame platformer or minigame thing. Well, I think this a RPG, from what I saw of the video.

Geekzam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoo! I've read every book and really enjoyed the series, I plan to see the movie when it comes out and I hope they don't tamper with the story to much.

My only problem is that I hope this game doesn't suck. It happens a lot, the book comes out, it's popular, they make sequels, they are good, they make a movie thats okay, and they make a rushed game thats sub-par that cruses on the hype of the series.

Oh, and people start making fun of the series.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was made by Griptonite, who made some pretty decent DS games, given what titles they're given (mostly movie games and the DS versions of console games). They did Assassin's Creed II (which I liked a lot), Spiderman: Web of Shadows (which was pretty good as well), Age of Empires: Mythologies, Over the Hedge (as part of Amaze, and that game was pretty darn good), as well as others like Where the Wild Things Are (which some people liked a lot).

The game itself is alright from what little I've played. It's an RPG with some decent elements that set it apart, such as some minor touch screen minigames to boost attack power and selecting moves per turn. You basically just go from point to point on the map, going through dialogue and fighting monsters, so no random encounters. As far as movie games go, it's not a bomber.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is VERY DIFFERENT from the book itself. There are a few things that are missing. I'm not sure. So far so good. Though, the voices after getting hit is annoying.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you guys start "Bandwagon blah blah blah typical harry potter bullshit" you should at least read the first book. Most of you typical faggots will just watch the shitty movie with that shitty actor. The books however were fucking amazing. If you like greek mythology, you'll enjoy it.

The game looks crappy though since it's based off the movie, based off the book.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol