DS #4651: FIFA Soccer 10 (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Minox, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Minox
    OP

Minox Spytech Employee

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    ^^ndsrelease-5917^^

2. basher11

basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    [​IMG] score. even though the EU version might be the same, im still gonna check if the music is the same. XD

3. Covarr

Covarr Sentient Cash Register

Oct 21, 2005
    United States
    Far East of Eden
    Never played a FIFA game (or any Soccer game). Is this any good?

4. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I was in the same situation as you and I played it. It's pretty good. I completely suck at soccer and I'm still very lost when it comes to teams and knowledge of the sport, but it's quite fun. I got a kick out of just playing random matches.

5. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    I tend to think of most football games as puzzle games or even strategy games where you have to get the ball to the opposition's end whilst bypassing their moving defense and vice-versa (strange I know). Tactics come into play (as well as all-round ability but this mainly applies in online matches - which this version lacks). I strongly recommend trying the console versions of the game if you really want to get into soccer games, this version regardless is adequate.

6. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    After the pointer control on PES Wii I cannot play any other game of footy.

7. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    This sport is relatively ignored where I'm from. The nearest team isn't that far away, but it gets next to zero TV coverage.

8. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    2, whenever I play a soccer game on any other platform, I always miss the pointer control. So precise, it's amazing.

9. Uncle FEFL

Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

Sep 7, 2009
    United States
    PM me for Social Security information
    That's because soccer sux. /ignorance

10. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    No, it's the best IMHO and most played sport in the world.
    But that's just a matter of opinion, and EU vs USA.

11. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    If they can't use the word 'Football' on the (U) release why didn't they call it 'FISA'?

12. pitman

pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
    Where rockets don't fall.
    My cousin is playing the E version for some time and he loves it to death, I myself have a little experience as a goalkeeper, I never enjoyed playing soccer virtually only the real one.

13. Uncle FEFL

Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

Sep 7, 2009
    United States
    PM me for Social Security information
    I was being sarcastic, in a way. I personally couldn't care less for soccer, but that's because that wasn't the sport I grew up with. I grew up with American football and basketball.

People across the world take soccer a little too seriously, though. I'm not sure if deaths during games happens regularly, but the fact it goes on at all is ridiculous. I'm sure there's been fights after US football games and stuff too. I don't understand why. It's not like that fan was in there PLAYING, he was just watching...is that really something to fight over?

14. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    You talking about that black person who killed himself after Arsenal lost against Manchester United in the quarter finals of last years Champions League?
    It's the first time I heard something like that too. I hear about fights after a (lost) game all the time though, but it are very minor fights and it's much less then years ago.
    It's getting better, but of course there are always annoying and stupid people who will fight.

15. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    in our country, ppl LOVE football more than any other sport esp since we have african cup of nations (final today)...
    this is the same game tht came out almost 4 months ago so i guess they made another E version and a U version...
    Am gonna try the PES 2010 for the Wii and will see what hadrian and satangel are talking about

This game is really good actually...
    Faster, Most Easier to Score Goals/Passes/Crosses/Thru Passes, Swifter Movement...
    I just found the training to have slightly improved but not that much and i think there was a problem with Be a Pro since u lose points very much not marking yer player and u will find it difficult to identify who u have to mark (unless i am doing something wrong)
    Also, graphically slightly better (no commentary change though)

16. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    It's an okay game, console versions are a lot better though. Also, Real Football > any other DS football game.

17. Sstew

Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

Jul 15, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    I love Soccer even though it's not big at all here in the US. Thanks to FSC (Fox Soccer Channel) I can keep up with Barclay's and the other leagues. as far as FIFA 10 goes on the DS, It's not bad, If you're just trying to get into the games, or the sport go for a console version. Still not a bad game at all.

18. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Isn't soccer like the metric system, in the US being THE one and only country on earth that hasn't fully adopted it?

19. monaug5

monaug5 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 19, 2006
    Essex
    Game does not seem to be working on my DSTT.