DS #4646: Dragon Quest VI - Maboroshi no Daichi (Japan)

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DQ6 is awesome. Interesting class system, two worlds, interesting plot. Didn't know this was coming out.

Hope we get an English version soon.

silleeel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont no whether to rejoice that its finally out or cry thats its in Japanese! :'(

Cover Art looks awesome tho! Im guessing theres no point in me even trying this out tho as im pretty sure theres guna be AP that is guna stop me from doing anything in this game!

(I.e Cant get off the boat in DQV)

timmyisme22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silleeel said:

That's been taken care of long ago (either in firmware updates or other such things).

Also, hope we either get a release or a patched version to give us english. Would be nice.

silleeel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
timmyisme22 said:
silleeel said:

That's been taken care of long ago (either in firmware updates or other such things).

Also, hope we either get a release or a patched version to give us english. Would be nice.

Yeah i know im just saying i doubt Square Enix have released this without some sort of similar AP! Just have to wait and see!

valyr

Trophies
XP
Country
dont know if it has ap or not but it can be patched using rudolphs universal childs play patch
(which suggests it does) seems to work ok so far with dstt 1.17a12

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wake up to find this game up.
biggrin.gif
what a great day.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not really interested in this. I mean, the story and the gameplay are good, but why no 3D? That's what the DS is made for after all. DQ9 was beautiful! To me, 3D RPGs on the DS are more attractive than 2D ones. I'm not saying they're better, but I like some eye candy every once in a while.

The 2D looks good, though.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoverlord Nadrian said:
Not really interested in this. I mean, the story and the gameplay are good, but why no 3D? That's what the DS is made for after all. DQ9 was beautiful! To me, 3D RPGs on the DS are more attractive than 2D ones. I'm not saying they're better, but I like some eye candy every once in a while.

The 2D looks good, though.
Uhh, the engine is in 3D, anyway. Also, if you haven't noticed, most of the characters in DQIX are rendered as sprites. It's just the main characters (from the short amount of time that I played) that were rendered in 3D.

My problem is that the DS isn't that great at 3D. You can make a far prettier 2D game on the DS than a 3D game. Even the best of the DS only gets up to the level of a PSX / N64. 2D, in comparison, looks much cleaner. I kinda wish they had gone the full 2D route instead, much like the original SNES game. That was one of the best-looking 2D RPGs around. Easily up there with FFVI, and probably better when factoring in the enemy animations.

Can't wait to buy this upon U.S. release. I'm probably looking forward to this more than DQIX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a