DS #4642: Jewel Quest: Solitaire (Germany)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jan 24, 2010.

Jan 24, 2010
  1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^ndsrelease-5905^^

2. lachinay

Member lachinay GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    I loved the first JQ, now I see "JQ2 + 3" on the cover... is this a proper sequel or a german version of the other "solitaire", that IIRC was just a card game?

3. Clookster

Banned Clookster Your Clookster

Switzerland
    It's a NDS port of all three PC "Jewel Quest Solitaire" Patience games in one game - - just like the US "Quest Trio" had three games in one.

This German edition of "Jewel Quest Solitaire" contains:

- Jewel Quest Solitaire
    - Jewel Quest Solitaire II and
    - Jewel Quest Solitaire III.

It's quite obvious that iWin wouln't port Jewel Quest Solitaire II & III for Germany alone (although puzzle games are very popular there), so I guess some other countries will see these someday as well...

4. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The (E) version of what I presume is just the first game in this collection had potential but the touch controls just seemed absolutely broken to me, it was so frustrating just trying to get it to recognise that you were tapping a card that I just gave up. Hope they've addressed that in these games, if they have and it gets and english language release I might give it a try.

5. Clookster

Banned Clookster Your Clookster

Switzerland
    I dont't have any problems with the controls of the cards - - you just tap them with the stylus and that's it.

But a very anoyying point is that the game quite often asks you to press "A" (just as if it's an "Enter" key), maybe that's what you're talking about. So, you lay your Stylus out of your hand and press "A"... [​IMG] Then you take your Stylus again, but, wait: Another "A"... lol

Anyway, I think the game is OK. I like Patience, so I've to get used to this "Press A" problem.