DS #4606: Shin Chan contra ÂLos Plastas! (Spain)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spanish version of Crayon Shin-Chan DS 3. Posted a thread for this years ago when it was releasing in Japan, I didn't really get far in it, maybe the language barrier was too much I can't remember but I never got to the platforming bits...unless I played a different game.

Some of the games based on the series are pretty good. Some on GBC/GBA/DS were fun platformers, can't remember which DS game this is based off but he got his arse out a lot.

Some reason the series has been Japanese/Spanish only.

shin_chan_contra_los_plastas-1032999.jpg
shin_chan_contra_los_plastas-1033041.jpg
shin_chan_contra_los_plastas-1033065.jpg

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks ok actually. Unique clay-like art style. I didn't know there were other games in the series. I'm a sucker for quirky 2D platformers, so i'll give this a try in emu (DS is in pawn).

Karuko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aired a while in Adult Swim a bit? It's aired in a big number of channels (even on one of the most important private ones) over there.
Shin Chan is an important franchise in Spain. Movies, games, toys, merchandising, you name it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Karuko said:
Aired a while in Adult Swim a bit? It's aired in a big number of channels (even on one of the most important private ones) over there.
Shin Chan is an important franchise in Spain. Movies, games, toys, merchandising, you name it.
It was pretty popular around my area here in the states, not sure about other though

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
In the US it wasn't deemed popular enough to continue translating the entire series and was definitely more of an adult-themed show in the US translation. Seeing a US release of this game might be tough. You have the fact that the "mainstream" market only knows it (if at all) from the year or so it aired early in the morning on Adult Swim. Then you have the problem of it featuring Shin-Chan dancing around with his butt in the air, which I'm not sure how the ESA would respond to it.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i am a fan of faint or totally meaningless laughter
smile.gif

didn't know banpresto participated with this :\ ahh well, it seems good for a platformer. really like how shin chan moves 0_0 icky, sticky, twisted tricky =P
lol i know the series. won't get this game though. i love to have a lengthive rpg like Monster Hunter or Sacred or Diablo

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
granville said:
Looks ok actually. Unique clay-like art style. I didn't know there were other games in the series. I'm a sucker for quirky 2D platformers, so i'll give this a try in emu (DS is in pawn).

It's not really clay-like. It's just like the original cartoon... crappily drawn. But one of the reasons the show is so good is because it's drawn so bad >.

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
As many people pointed out, Shin-chan is a big franchise here in Spain. In fact, in terms of popularity, Spain is the second country (after Japan) where this series has more followers.
I hope this explains a bit why we only see Shin-chan games in Japanese and, a few months later, in Spanish only.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
If this game has no English release I'm SO gonna start a translation project for it. I can translate Spanish into English just fine. XD

I'll be a translator, someone else can be the person who works with the hacking/coding. And maybe correct my Spanish.
happy.gif
How's that sound?

I've never even seen Shin Chan, so I haven't a clue what it's about or anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: