DS #4541: Balloon Pop (USA)

max22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really. It's kind of a cross between Tetris Attack and Puyo Puyo. But it's pretty dull and the controls are just awful (you drag pieces with the stylus, but you have to drag them one space, then lift the stylus, then drag it another space, etc.)

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
so is this nothing like the Wii version? That one was (apparently at least, I never played it) pretty much a clone of Taito's Pop'n Pop in all but name (in fact it even had the name at one point, but they lost the license)

edit: nevermind, i just watched a video of the wii version and it looks like its closer to how you described it.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Dwight said:

You know, you joke, but this is a pretty decent puzzler that uses familiar mechanics and adds its own twist to it. It's like a mix of Puzzle League and Puzzle Fighter/Puyo Pop. And when it's less than 6 megs trimmed, it's quite nice to keep on your cart as a break between RPGs.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping it was one of those Popit clones. The one that was made for the DS is impossible to find as a retail cart and one of the kids really enjoys the game.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Description of puzzle mechanics:

A wall of circles/balloons slowly come down, like in Bust-A-Move. With the stylus, you move the balloons to match the same color. Once you get 3 in a row, a countdown until they pop starts. The more you add to that chain or chain together other colors, the longer the counter keeps resetting, so it's possible to keep chaining until you are out of balloons. While the pop meter is running, the balloon wall pauses coming down.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Donato_Dobango said:
A wall of circles/balloons slowly come down, like in Bust-A-Move. With the stylus, you move the balloons to match the same color. Once you get 3 in a row, a countdown until they pop starts. The more you add to that chain or chain together other colors, the longer the counter keeps resetting, so it's possible to keep chaining until you are out of balloons. While the pop meter is running, the balloon wall pauses coming down.

There's no way to see my own highscore in this game?

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Like an old arcade cabinet, you have to beat the high score to save your own high score.

Mine so far is 7670023, level 143 I think. Was playing while barely paying attention last night while watching Scrubs reruns.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
I kind of like it, since it looks so much like Puyo Puyo! - - - I'm just a bit scared that I'm waisting hours on a bad game!

I'll go and try some more puzzles, since the game recognize what puzzles you've already beaten for sure!
tongue.gif

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Skullcollector said:
Possibly the worst DS game yet?

The game is not bad at all!

- You can see your Highscore at the top screen
- You can use the shoulder buttons L & R for "Destroy everything NOW"
- You can use B (left hand) or "Down" (D-Pad) for "Gimme more rows plzze"

It's OK, it's a small, funny, nice & childish puzzle game. I like it!
smile.gif

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
Dwight said:

You know, you joke, but this is a pretty decent puzzler that uses familiar mechanics and adds its own twist to it. It's like a mix of Puzzle League and Puzzle Fighter/Puyo Pop. And when it's less than 6 megs trimmed, it's quite nice to keep on your cart as a break between RPGs.
I just felt like saying that to a game that had no feedback.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1