DS #4506: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (USA)

dandaman377

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Lmao. I've been following this thread for around 6 hours now (Like twice an hour), and it's been ridiculous.
rofl2.gif

I played up to the second train encounter (Used both saves to get passed), and I think I'm just going to wait for the patch.

I might even buy the game (The last game I bought for DS was Pokemon Pearl at launch. Lol).

I've been following this for about half as long as you i would say. I'm about to try it on an emulator, soo gl to me lol

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Beware said:
TrolleyDave said:
Back on-topic : This has made me bust out my OoT cart to see if it's nostalgia or greatness that makes me still love it. I think it's just as good today as it was back then. We've had major advancements in graphic capabilities and all that, but it still looks lovely and plays really nicely. Still just as jaw-dropping today I think as long as you remember to take into account the machine it's running on.

It is nigh on impossible to make a statement like that "from the inside." And by your logic, Majora's Mask is automatically a "better" game. And you said "remember to take into account the machine it's running on." You are proving that people who think this are thinking about it in terms of when it was out and what it did AT THE TIME. Therefore, again, strengthening my argument that the hype is all nostalgia.

How does that logic automatically make MM a better game? And no, it's not just about when it was out and what it did at the time. In my opinion if you gave it a modern makeover but kept everything else exactly the same it would still be just as fun of a game as it was when it came out on the N64 originally.
You said it still looked and played great, MM both looks better and has tighter controls. Therefore, by what you said, MM is better. I wasn't trying to push MM, just pointing out the flaw in your logic. And as I said, you can absolutely not make statements like that from the inside. You can argue the contrary all you want, but you went into this with the opinion that OoT was great. You also had played it previously. By those very simple points, it's proven that you saying "It's still great" is completely meaningless in terms of judging it objectively.

I, on the other hand, have introduced the game to people who experienced other Zelda and Zelda-like games before it and have seen their reaction. In fact, I'm in the midst of this with my sister as we speak! She has been playing through MM, I'm going to have her play through Okami or TP next then see her opinion of OoT and we will have a completely unabashed, non-nostalgic, objective opinion of the game.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gunna ask something just because I didn't see it in the 80% of this thread that I've found time to read through and decode into sense.

Has anyone checked that Chinese (or may have been Japanese) website where the new super Mario wii fix was first posted? I tried to look through my history to see if I could find the link but no luck. May be worth monitoring. They had that Mario fix slightly before it was posted here. (LOL, slightly we can't ever wait for our Nintendo big titles cause all the rest of the games suck ass!)

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Majora's Mask was actualy a N64 DD System game, it was converted into a Cartridge for the USA and others because the N64 DD was short-lived. That is why the game is better. Only one thing I hated about MM THE FREAKIN CLOCK! I just feel pressured until I use the song to slow down time.

Makar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't expecting this to be released early. For those of you working on a AP fix good luck. People shouldn't be whining about it since the game isn't even out yet.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Beware said:
You said it still looked and played great, MM both looks better and has tighter controls. Therefore, by what you said, MM is better. I wasn't trying to push MM, just pointing out the flaw in your logic. And as I said, you can absolutely not make statements like that from the inside. You can argue the contrary all you want, but you went into this with the opinion that OoT was great. You also had played it previously. By those very simple points, it's proven that you saying "It's still great" is completely meaningless in terms of judging it objectively.

I, on the other hand, have introduced the game to people who experienced other Zelda and Zelda-like games before it and have seen their reaction. In fact, I'm in the midst of this with my sister as we speak! She has been playing through MM, I'm going to have her play through Okami or TP next then see her opinion of OoT and we will have a completely unabashed, non-nostalgic, objective opinion of the game.

Personally I found OoT looked nicer than MM. I know I'm in the minority on that one though. Most people I know do find MM to be the better game. I just think OoT looks and feels more majestic.

Maybe you're right and I am still looking at it nostalgiacally, personally I don't think I am. I've not played TP so I can't compare it, not got a Wii. I can say though that my sister had TP and Windwaker and I gave her a N64 for xmas 2 years ago with OoT and she loved it and thought it still held up really well. It's become her favourite Zelda game, maybe I influenced her though - hard to tell. I didn't really rave on about it first though, I just gave it to her. I need to get her MM but it's too bloody expensive!

QUOTE(mariosonic @ Dec 4 2009, 03:09 AM) CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK ON TOPIC?!

Has xpa done anything about this yet?;\

The fix probably won't be out for a few days, that's the way it usually goes.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
Majora's Mask was actualy a N64 DD System game, it was converted into a Cartridge for the USA and others because the N64 DD was short-lived. That is why the game is better. Only one thing I hated about MM THE FREAKIN CLOCK! I just feel pressured until I use the song to slow down time.

Um...That's the point... The fate of the entire fucking world rests on your shoulders. The "time limit" adds actual depth to the evil being breathing down your neck not to mention the immense freedom you have and connection you can make with the characters. Also, as you said, the Inverse Song of Time is ALWAYS an option. And the game isn't better because it was for the DD system. That makes absolutely no sense. More powerful system != better game. There is infinitely more involved with MM that makes it a better (and more unique) experience.

@TrollyDave: How can you think OoT was more majestic looking? The textures are blurry and the entire overworld is covered by mist in order to cover up the technical limitations of the N64. Anyways, it doesn't matter because people who believe OoT is the greatest are, as I've been saying, too clouded by nostalgia to believe otherwise. I just want to throw the idea out there that the game isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm especially adamant about that because I was once of the opinion OoT was far better, but I saw the light.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Message to all the mods.....

This thread NEEDS CONSTANT SUPERVISION AND MONITORING..I have done that with last (how many is it) pages, and I will close this thread so it doesn't burst into something we really don't want!

I plan to re-open this thread tomorrow....
All similar threads WILL be closed, if AP fix comes during my absence, re-open this thread OR create a new one!

DO NOT OPEN THIS THREAD IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO PROPERLY MOD IT!

Posts merged

Rfire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
FOR COMPLETE FOOLS THAT DON'T KNOW WHERE THE GAME F**KS UP:
1) Teh Nintendo Logo (For some flash carts)
2) Infinite Loop on the Train Tracks&No Train Controls
3) NO LOCAL MULTIPLAY FOR YOU! The Multiplayer does not work, I've just tested that.
Toni, please close this. I'm begging here!
Stop the madness of the n00b swarm!

And in my case, before the Nintendo logo. Two white screens. Supercard CF.

vaan661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question... I havent been on here since the first page of this and i didnt want to go trough reading all these pages cause yeah wow lol alot.... I was wondering has anyone tried it on the Edge Kard?

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vaan661 said:
Just a question... I havent been on here since the first page of this and i didnt want to go trough reading all these pages cause yeah wow lol alot.... I was wondering has anyone tried it on the Edge Kard?
No! It doesn't work on any card. None! Zero!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
vaan661 said:

Don't have to to be able tell you that it won't work. I think the only card that has a chance of running is the SCDS1 cos it can run stuff in "clean" mode. As DeMoN pointed out to me though someone mentioned it earlier on in the thread and there were no replies so it probably didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: