DS #4493: Cross Treasures (Japan)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I doubt this will be released in America. It was a game designed in co op between Square Enix and a popular Japanese gaming magazine. The magazine asked readers what they wanted in an RPG and sent the ideas over to Square, who then used them in the game. That being said, I doubt anyone at Square Enix would think we Americans care what Japanese magazine readers like.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
AP FTW YAY!!!!!!
No for real, any AP!?
There has to be some sort of gay Luigi Anti-Piracy, I mean, it's SQUARE *BEEPING* ENIX for flarp sake!

I liked the preview trailer, I think it is an ARPG.
Action Role Playing Game for those that are total n00bs to the gaming industry.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS-Scene lists a patch. I don't know how well it works, but I assume it removes this issue.

Guild McCommunist said:
casidepro said:
does anyone know if this will be localized?

Probably not. I think it's a very anime game or something like that and anime never sells in the US as much as it does in Japan.

Eh. Nowadays they even bring over Bleach games and other licensed anime stuff. It has a built-in audience even in the US. But a bigger problem might be...

QUOTE(granville @ Dec 2 2009, 04:26 PM)
Sadly, I doubt this will be released in America. It was a game designed in co op between Square Enix and a popular Japanese gaming magazine. The magazine asked readers what they wanted in an RPG and sent the ideas over to Square, who then used them in the game. That being said, I doubt anyone at Square Enix would think we Americans care what Japanese magazine readers like.
...there might be copyright concerns, if the magazine retained some rights to the game.

ninchya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reminds me a bit of soma bringer and phantasy star 0 type adventure game ........ sad face T_T.........probaly no english localization............... EMO

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That patch should work on most cards, it's one of those "universal childs play" cracks he puts together.
smile.gif

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, looking at the trailer, I can see them bringing this over during the summer months for a few easy sales. It's a bright RPG with 3D graphics; it'd sell like hotcakes during the June/July months when there's really nothing else to play.

If anything, it'd be a good game for them to let their newly acquired English-based company Eidos handle the localization of.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
I have to say, looking at the trailer, I can see them bringing this over during the summer months for a few easy sales. It's a bright RPG with 3D graphics; it'd sell like hotcakes during the June/July months when there's really nothing else to play.

If anything, it'd be a good game for them to let their newly acquired English-based company Eidos handle the localization of.

Well, as someone else pointed out, if the magazine has a share in the game, it can be a problem. Jump! Ultimate Stars is highly praised even by American reviewers, but it simply can't make it to US shelves because of the many copyrights in it.

If the magazine doesn't have a share in it, who knows.

spazer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question about the patch i got the .BAK and i am asking what do I do after. I changed the file to .NDS if thats what ur to do then it doesnt work on ANKIO 1.5 I still get stuck after I try to save the game on the bed.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@spazer101
Okay, with the Roudolph patchers, the .BAK is the game, UNPATCHED. You need to use the .NDS file not the .BAK. I am playing the game with no problems (so far) saving/loading all ok.

I'm going to play this game now.

A big thank you to Roudolph for creating the patch for this awesome game, also a thank you to [C2] for releasing this dump to the net. I also can't forget SQUARE ENIX and V Comix colab that created this great game. (Of whom I'm steeling from?) Thank you all, I am going to enjoy this game. I will hopefully make a review of the game soon.

Might I sugest an open translation of this game? I'd at least like the menus to be translated, I don't want to accidentally erase my save. X_X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: