DS #4492: Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes (USA)

Yves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
irpacynot said:
Yves said:
meh, take it elsewhere
frown.gif

every time i come here i see new posts but only to dicover its your half argue half idk
tongue.gif

i want it to be patched!
frown.gif

Nice way to introduce yourself to the boards, essentially telling everyone to "STFU" and "gimmie meh patch."

We're having a discussion on a discussion board about a topic directly related to this game, which has AP that has sparked conversation. You take it elsewhere, buddy. We'll call you when the patch is ready.
wink.gif
Though very awesome way to introduce yourself still
yay.gif
but yeah, just wait, there are a lot of AP checks on this game, the patch isn't going to be done in one night and if it is, it's going to be like the COP patch where people find more AP checks and they have to redo it again.

haha. well i went alittle overboard XP

ummm i saw on early post some dude said he patched about 240 or so "cheacks" (i dont know what are they x: ) and there are like 400+ cheacks. so the patch will be ready in like 1-2 days?
biggrin.gif

i think i can survive that long, but after that... well... i dont think ill make it ;(
take care of my cat.

steirina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't work on Edge with the 1.6 firmware either; you just get a black screen with music. I'm not surprised, having heard on how many other carts it doesn't work on. Good luck to those working on the patch. ~

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
^the people hired to put in anti-piracy measures are most likely the game programmers anyway, so in actual fact pirates are diverting the game developer's time from working on the actual game. And even if they're new people hired just to do anti-piracy, I really doubt that offsets the jobs and money piracy takes away from game studios.

It's one thing to pirate games. It's another to make excuses about it. That goes for a lot of users on GBAtemp. Pirate games if that's what you want to, it's up to you. Just don't whine or make excuses about it.

People revoke their rights to whine when they pirate games instead of buy them. Just like how in the US you're an idiot if you whine about the president, when you didn't even take the effort to vote in the election.

That's what I think anyway.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main reason they include AP in a game is to give the game some time on the shelves to sell. Even a couple days can be too much for the "gotta have it now" crowd to wait for a fix. Ubi's thought is that if the AP stops Zero Day piracy, then it did it's job. At least then they have a few days for it to actually sell instead of everyone just downloading it for free.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
outgum said:
Back to the AP discussion.
If Ubisoft wants to spend all there money on AP on all there games, or there good-ish ones.
They will just run themself bankrupt eventually, and its not like us pirates care very much, i dont think it would be such a big loss if Ubisoft disappeared anyway.

Ill pirate when I want to pirate.
And for that guy that was complaining about us pirating, at the end of the day, if it werent for pirates, there people who create AP codes would be out of a job, so magic, there you go. Us pirates are giving people jobs, now shut it

Wow. Just wow.

rofl2.gif

I'm literally wiping tears away from my eyes. Piracy creates jobs! That should have been Obama's platform for the 2008 election campaign.
rofl2.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
irpacynot said:
Opium said:
outgum said:
Back to the AP discussion.
If Ubisoft wants to spend all there money on AP on all there games, or there good-ish ones.
They will just run themself bankrupt eventually, and its not like us pirates care very much, i dont think it would be such a big loss if Ubisoft disappeared anyway.

Ill pirate when I want to pirate.
And for that guy that was complaining about us pirating, at the end of the day, if it werent for pirates, there people who create AP codes would be out of a job, so magic, there you go. Us pirates are giving people jobs, now shut it

Wow. Just wow.

rofl2.gif

I'm literally wiping tears away from my eyes. Piracy creates jobs! That should have been Obama's platform for the 2008 election campaign.
rofl2.gif
Lol, now that is a funny image
laugh.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
outgum said:
Oh yeah, thats cool XD, Trying to start up a discussion about it, but thats cool.
Consider my "whining" stopped XD

I just got pwnt by Opium >.>

There's nothing wrong with discussion
smile.gif

As Rayder said, the AP measures introduced are really to stop day one piracy. The AP measures will get cracked eventually, but hopefully for the company, a little while after it's been officially released.

Games get leaked by people working in manufacturer and retail all the time, sometimes before release date. Companies lose a huge amount of money as the consumer thinks "well, I can get the game for free right now, or wait 3 days for release and pay for it". If it's a game they really want, they're probably going to want to play it asap.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
for those so eager to try it, the game is so far confirmed working on :

- cards with clean mode support
- no$gba 2.6a

it changes from the oldies m&m 1st person games (i recall having a blast back to 90's on my genesis with one of those.. the 2nd or 3rd the cartridge was extra big with some fat yellow addon built in.. ahhh nostalgia!)

tough, changes can be good sometimes! i like this new gameplay ^^

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
The main reason they include AP in a game is to give the game some time on the shelves to sell. Even a couple days can be too much for the "gotta have it now" crowd to wait for a fix. Ubi's thought is that if the AP stops Zero Day piracy, then it did it's job. At least then they have a few days for it to actually sell instead of everyone just downloading it for free.

QFT

Couldn't have been put better, really. Considering most companies count the first week or two of game sales as their main window of opportunity, yeah, a few days can make quite a difference.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
With saying that those Opium, If a game is good enough for me, I will go buy it, I mean... Pokemon Soul Silver for example? I've played it to death, I have 150+ Hours on it, but I WILL be buying the actual game. I know other people have this attitude also, I see the point though XD, One day is better than No days.

Im sitting on the fence with this game, and im eager to try it out, being bored Sucks >_>
Seems silly that people who work in a game store/retail and such would leak it O_O
I guess they still get paid for there job though, so what do they care i guess?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Xenophobia's Might and Magic Rom and it didn't work, but I've already seen other websites that upload Roms already having the Might and Magic Rom...though, it doesn't end with a "(Xenophobia)." So, I'm guessing Xenophobia hasn't Cracked the Rom yet?

EDIT: Nvm, I read the NFO that came with the Rom too...They already noticed the Anti Piracy and they're working on it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am r4ymond said:
I tried Xenophobia's Might and Magic Rom and it didn't work, but I've already seen other websites that upload Roms already having the Might and Magic Rom...though, it doesn't end with a "(Xenophobia)." So, I'm guessing Xenophobia hasn't Cracked the Rom yet?
Nope.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koimayeul said:

- no$gba 2.6a

it changes from the oldies m&m 1st person games (i recall having a blast back to 90's on my genesis with one of those.. the 2nd or 3rd the cartridge was extra big with some fat yellow addon built in.. ahhh nostalgia!)

I tried Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes on NO$GBA 2.6a...it didn't work. Somehow, it passed the "Black Screen" and went into Story Mode, but when it enters Story Mode and when the Female Elf finishes talking the game freezes (AP; as in you can hear the sound, but when you try to press buttons to pass the Talking, it doesn't work)

nellum

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I am r4ymond said:
koimayeul said:

- no$gba 2.6a

I tried Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes on NO$GBA 2.6a...it didn't work. Somehow, it passed the "Black Screen" and went into Story Mode, but when it enters Story Mode and when the Female Elf finishes talking the game freezes (AP; as in you can hear the sound, but when you try to press buttons to pass the Talking, it doesn't work)

use no$zoomer add-on it's will help you pass AP
gbasp.gif

Matt0125

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hesho said:
for all ppl here who wanna buy the game just go buy it and leave the hard working hackers to hack the game here most of us are pirates we dont buy games so why dont u just all ppl say thank u to the hard working hackers and let it be
thaaaankyou hesho. i dont like it when games have AP's but i wait it out and im glad that the hackers took their own time to hack a game for us that they didnt even have to.
Thanks hacker ppls
yaynds.gif

btw i really like these argument discussions they r so entertaining
tongue.gif
im just throwing fuel on the fire

Ta11on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm soooo happyyyy!!!
yaynds.gif
It works perfectly on my SuperCard Ds One i. I have braggin' rights!

Oh yeah, and it's a real kick ass game. I can see where some people will hate it, but I'm lovin it so far. Not a deep RPG, it only has a few customization features that I know of so far. I have already played it for a few hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse