DS #4491: Yggdra Unison: Seiken Buyuuden (Japan)

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yggdra-unison-seiken-buyuuden-20090727092942379_640w.jpg

yggdra-unison-seiken-buyuuden-20090727092951894_640w.jpg

yggdra-unison-seiken-buyuuden-20090727092950801_640w.jpg

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, hadn't heard of this. Loved the original game (although I preferred the PSP version
yaypsp.gif
) and although this seems a bit different, I'm sure it would be fun to play through. No word on an English from what I can see.

If anyone's wondering about the story, it's a gaiden (side story) to the original. I've also heard it described it as a "what if" story, so we'll see if it ever gets a USA release or if anyone decides to translate it.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
SylvWolf said:
Wow, hadn't heard of this. Loved the original game (although I preferred the PSP version
yaypsp.gif
) and although this seems a bit different, I'm sure it would be fun to play through. No word on an English from what I can see.
The PSP version is the "Easy" version of the original game.

As in the demo thread of the NDS forum, this game is an real-time strategy game, diferent than the turn based of the original.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you don't know what this is (Unison, not Union), it's like some sort of real time strategy as opposed to the turned based system Union had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdra_Union:..._Alone#Spinoffs

Apparently , you capture territory and can do a UNISON, within a radius.

SylvWolf said:
Loved the original game (although I preferred the PSP version
yaypsp.gif
)
I can agree with that: better music quality, actually had a tutorial as opposed to the gba where it was difficult to teach myself because it was different, voices(if that's a good thing), and the menus felt many times less cluttered, and the menus really did feel like that to me.

QUOTE(sadak5 @ Dec 1 2009, 09:45 PM) The PSP version is the "Easy" version of the original game.
Really? Guess I should play to see more differences since we just got our PSP last Friday. I actually played the GBA version first. Not done since it's difficult. I was stuck on the choose which person to kill (Anhk thingy?).

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Craaaazy DJ Asks: Iz ThErE AnY Ap!?

TRANSLATION TO SANE FOLK: Hello to you all, I was wondering if this game, Yggdra Unison: Seiken Buyuuden, has the Anti-Piracy measures in it?

In Other Posts:
I still have the GBA ROM somewhere on my HDD...been awhile sense I played it, short attention span and all due to ASPBURGERS SYNDROME and too many AWESOME GAMES being released on the SCENE.

ALSO!! Love the cute girl on the cover of the boxart. you gotta love those Chibi Manga Styles, huh?

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
TheWingless said:
Really? Guess I should play to see more differences since we just got our PSP last Friday. I actually played the GBA version first. Not done since it's difficult. I was stuck on the choose which person to kill (Anhk thingy?).

They changed the lvl up behavior in PSP. When the unit lvl up, they regain their morale, and in the GBA version they don't, making more dificult to use the units.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wankare said:
is the gameplay like Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon?
A little bit, in that it's an overhead fantasy strategy game.

But Fire Emblem is much more traditional (technically, the series is so old that it created most of the traditions for strategy-RPGs.) Yggdra Union was... much weirder.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This game is challenging. Also, this game is published by ATLUS, so yea, in March next year this game will be out in the USA, I am sure of that.

I still like this game. Man, so many great games coming out now.

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
Craaaazy DJ Asks: Iz ThErE AnY Ap!?

TRANSLATION TO SANE FOLK: Hello to you all, I was wondering if this game, Yggdra Unison: Seiken Buyuuden, has the Anti-Piracy measures in it?

In Other Posts:
I still have the GBA ROM somewhere on my HDD...been awhile sense I played it, short attention span and all due to ASPBURGERS SYNDROME and too many AWESOME GAMES being released on the SCENE.

ALSO!! Love the cute girl on the cover of the boxart. you gotta love those Chibi Manga Styles, huh?

There doesn't seem to be any AP, at least none that I have encountered, I've been able to save and load normally, at least up to the first hour of playing. A little confusing at first. Now if only there was a translation..

Though I'm kind of hoping for some old YU songs to appear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1