DS #4472: Layton Kyouju to Majin no Fue (Japan)

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAY Professor Layton 4!

Even though the 3rd one isn't out in English yet, at least we know we still have 2 more Prof. Layton games in store for us!

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crook said:
Shit my japanese sucks

If you're not fluent in Japanese it's not advisable to play the Layton games. Some puzzles are language neutral, but some are heavily dependent on Japanese or even odd puns that depend on Japanese-English language conversions. Even I have problems with some puzzles.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Schweet, downloading now.

By the way, I and one other person have been working with the writer of these Professor Layton walkthroughs to translate dialogue and puzzles, feel free to check them out. I'm helping her translate Majin no Fue so the walkthrough will be out long before it even comes out in the US.

*EDIT*
Noooo! Two white screens on my M3 Real running Sakura 1.44.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
these games are fucking great when I'm in the mood. and I am often enough..
Also the dialogue, art and animation all are lovely in these

matthewn4444

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
YAY Professor Layton 4!

Even though the 3rd one isn't out in English yet, at least we know we still have 2 more Prof. Layton games in store for us!

Actually it is 3 in store for the us.
biggrin.gif

Professor Layton 5?

sbm888

Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone got this working? unfortunately, i'm at work, so cant test, i have acekard2, and cyclod......
can anyone confirm yes or no, so i can start doing some research if it doesnt work while i'm here at work
tongue.gif

thanks

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So I found some sort of patch by Rudolph here, but it's password-protected. I honestly don't even know what this "child's play" patch does or if it will even work, but I'm curious. There's a hint in the included text file as to what the password is:
QUOTE said:
If you purchased the game of "Mario & Sonic at Vancouver Olympic", you can find the password.

See page 3 of the manual, and check the row of 7, then you can imaginate some character.
The full name of the character is just password!!
Any ideas?

*EDIT*
Characters in English
Characters in Japanese

I haven't had any luck with the names I've tried so far. I'm wondering what the hell "you can imaginate some character" means. Maybe a character not pictured in the instruction manual, that you have to "imaginate" yourself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.