DS #4426: LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (Europe)

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Out of Lego Stars Wars (The Complete one), Lego Indy, and Lego Batman, Lego Indy was my least favourite, but I still had fun playing it. I'll have to check this one out...after I finish the rest of the games that I needed to check out.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine this is the same exact formula as the previous LEGO movie-games. Am I right? Just like the previous LEGO Indy/Star Wars/Batman games?

I'm tired of playing what is essentially the same game over and over again. I think I'll pass on this one. I've had enough of this particular game style.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played a minute of this on no$gba. Looks like it uses a different intro video, and you don't seem to start at the university anymore. Dunno how different it is from the first DS game, but it looks like it uses the exact same engine. I'll try it out in more detail in a bit.

RodPN

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Just played it, it's definitely a different game, I've only played one level but the level design is different, the UI is different and there's new abilities.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, it sucks. It seems the DS version really got the axe here. Apparently, the only story levels are from Crystal Skull. There are minigames you have to unlock based on the other movie sequences, but they are just that- minigames. For instance, the ship level at the beginning of Last Crusade is just a stud collectathon. The studs randomly wash onto the boat, and you must just run around and collect as many as possible to beat the minigame. It's not even as fun as THAT sounds. >_> There's another one where Indy is inside the temple with the giant rock, and you are on top of the rock. You have to use the touchscreen as a track ball to navigate around to smash pillars. It's actually horrid, because the controls are terrible.

The actual game, you are just in this jungle hub level. I'm not sure where the hub ends and the levels begin. I don't want to play farther to find out though. The only Lego DS game I've liked so far based on these movies is Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. And that had one level for every episode cut out, which sucked (just up the cartridge size you stingy bastards) and the cinemas were just cardboard cutouts.

So yeah, pass this game, it stinks IMO.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hmmm.... I could never imagine they were going to actually make ANY differences. This is kinda worrying for me, I was going to enjoy good ol` Indy on my DS. But since it`s different I definately gonna check it out- as soon as I get home.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
ok to seal comments lets see some screenies (this time they are coming)

no_escape-640x.jpg

960444_20090824_screen001.jpg
more screens http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/image/960445.html
although they say DS it looks doubtful cuz of the insert controller in the image

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with the gameplay, though it is, of course, merely more of the same. I had a problem when trying to save, though, on CycloDS. Got two black screens.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I`m not sure if the changes are for the good, the hub level is now somewhat confusing. But the graphics seemed to have received a minor update in terms of details....Well, gonna play it when I have time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)