Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
StealthSoul said:
Spikeynator said:
meh.. was hoping for a ncie dungeon crawler but ill pass on this 1...
Sorry to go off topic, but are there any good DS dungeon crawlers out there?

Getting this now, it looks pretty fun!
yes...
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles RoF + EoT
Blue Dragon (The CC Clone)
Children of Mana
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

there are some good games out there
anyways this is a game which i am not getting
sorry the interest is to low =\
but at the screenies it looks like a huge game

Necromanson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting pretty tired of gimmicky stylus controlled games. Zelda was bad enough- I couldn't even finish it.

Blowing in the microphone to "blow out fire" and double-tapping to jump, as well as having your hand in front of the screen the entire time just irks me. How about moving the control pad to move (a tried and true method of control) and if you want to jump just push the A or B button, or have the game perform it automatically? Zelda would have been a lot better if it utilized traditional controls and I bet this game would too.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
The problem with taking a game like this and just giving it d-pad controls means it'll become too easy since the difficult and level design takes into consideration the inherent troubles with stylus control.

My first impressions after playing the first level:

If you hate stylus control games, you will hate this game. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Graphically, the 3D-esque sprites of the levels are decent and the cutscene 2D drawings are full of character. The levels themselves are definitely in the spirit of Zelda: walk through and open gates using weights.

If that were all the game had to offer, it'd be a just-about-average game that would be easy to skip. But the fourth wall breaking and game making fun of itself for not being Lord of the Rings is great. The fact that you are playing a character that realizes how absurd most of the game is makes it a bit more fun.

At 16 megs, it certainly wouldn't hurt to keep around an SD card to play during dry spells of big releases. Too bad it came out around this time when it'll most likely be overlooked for all the other major releases we're seeing right now.

VenomTSH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Donato_Dobango said:
The problem with taking a game like this and just giving it d-pad controls means it'll become too easy since the difficult and level design takes into consideration the inherent troubles with stylus control.

My first impressions after playing the first level:

If you hate stylus control games, you will hate this game. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Graphically, the 3D-esque sprites of the levels are decent and the cutscene 2D drawings are full of character. The levels themselves are definitely in the spirit of Zelda: walk through and open gates using weights.

If that were all the game had to offer, it'd be a just-about-average game that would be easy to skip. But the fourth wall breaking and game making fun of itself for not being Lord of the Rings is great. The fact that you are playing a character that realizes how absurd most of the game is makes it a bit more fun.

At 16 megs, it certainly wouldn't hurt to keep around an SD card to play during dry spells of big releases. Too bad it came out around this time when it'll most likely be overlooked for all the other major releases we're seeing right now.

Thanks for the summary, I'll definitely give it a try. I'm a sucker for 4th wall breaking and some good humor.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, hey there buddy chum pal friend buddy pal chum bud friend fella bruther amigo pal...