DS #4353: Sword World 2.0 - Game Book DS (Japan)

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
It's an RPG... It's TBA Japan on gamefaqs, so why is this dumped?
unsure.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Finally!
biggrin.gif
Loving Sword World 2.0 (got hooked because of Lodoss) but hard to find players because of the language barrier. Time for some solo gaming.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Orc said:
Finally!
biggrin.gif
Loving Sword World 2.0 (got hooked because of Lodoss) but hard to find players because of the language barrier. Time for some solo gaming.

1. Overman King Gainer is great

2. If I still lived in HK, I'd play with you hahaha. Is it a normal RPG like D&D, or what? I was reading about replays and assuming I understand... it's crazy. Like some people's D&D sessions are so crazy that other people want to read about them!?

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
DS1 said:
Orc said:
Finally!
biggrin.gif

1. Overman King Gainer is great

2. If I still lived in HK, I'd play with you hahaha. Is it a normal RPG like D&D, or what? I was reading about replays and assuming I understand... it's crazy. Like some people's D&D sessions are so crazy that other people want to read about them!?
1.) Yes.

2.) Sword World 2.0 is a pen and paper RPG just like D&D, quite a fun system if you're into japanese type medieval fantasy (think Slayers or for a better example, Record of Lodoss War and Rune Soldier which are set in Forcelia which was the main setting of the first Sword World).
"Replays" are actually more popular than the RPGs themselves and yes they are very interesting (from the few that I've read), they range from crazy comedic stuff to serious deep fantasy. I guess Japanese RPG players take role playing very seriously. (Record of Lodoss War was actually based on D&D sessions so it's basically an anime of a "replay".)

I haven't "procured" the game yet but as far as I know this is a gamebook ala Lone Wolf and Fighting Fantasy. (The Fighting Fantasy DS game is surprisingly not a gamebook style game which is disappointing).

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I never really knew what Record of Lodoss War was, but now that I do... that's nuts.

Americans take their RPG sessions very seriously, so seriously in fact that my friends would never let a goofball like me play with them! Still, I don't know if it's ever produced anything like 'replays' they have in Japan.

I 'procured' this game and it's a gamebook with two scenarios, one for physical characters, and one for magic users. I just got confused because Lone Wolf is standalone (like it was only ever gamebooks I think), while this game uses a real RP system.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Sword World 2.0 ; why 2.0.... was there a 1.0 or 1.1 (or is this some r4 firmware continuation from 1.18?)
that is as intelligent as it can get esp since they just showed a little bit of the game (dice used as the pivot of fighting)
if i were to release all the book games I made, i am sure people would like it (though i am weak designer and creator but my friends used to like them esp wrestling) including Football Manager, Wrestling, Racing (yes racing with a dice), railroad-tycoon-like game, ff8-demo-like game,Risk etc

ahh the good old days... this game translates yer board game into a graphical board game

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
Sword World 2.0 ; why 2.0.... was there a 1.0 or 1.1 (or is this some r4 firmware continuation from 1.18?)
that is as intelligent as it can get esp since they just showed a little bit of the game (dice used as the pivot of fighting)
if i were to release all the book games I made, i am sure people would like it (though i am weak designer and creator but my friends used to like them esp wrestling) including Football Manager, Wrestling, Racing (yes racing with a dice), railroad-tycoon-like game, ff8-demo-like game,Risk etc

ahh the good old days... this game translates yer board game into a graphical board game

I think I can explain- Sword World is pencil and paper RPG system (like Dungeons and Dragons). and like Dungeons and Dragons, the game is often reprinted and updated in different editions. The latest edition of Sword World is "2.0". Version 1.0, if you want to call it that, was the first edition released like 20 years ago.

This game is a gamebook that uses the same RPG system for combat, and I guess has the classes of characters available in Sword World 2.0, hence the name Sword World 2.0.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VenomTSH said:
Damn, I wish I knew Japanese, I loved the Lone Wolf ones... :S

I don't understand a lick of Japanese. It still won't stop me from playing this game.(it would certainly help though)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/3Wjm8TD cheap