DS #4338: Astro Boy The Video Game (USA)

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is literally no chance this will be as good as the GBA one which was a remarkable game--I just hope it isn't as utterly dire as the Wii one...

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pcmanrules said:
I loved the GBA one, hope this one lives up to expectation.
Astro Boy: Omega Factor for the GBA was a great game because it was developed for SEGA by Treasure, who happens to make incredible games. That game's quality had more to do with the developer, than the Astro Boy license.

If the recent Wii release for Astro Boy is any indication, set your expectations very low for this DS release.

shado blackstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*waits for someone to try it out and inevitably report how fail it is*

I was hoping the Wii ver would live up pretty well, but I guess treasure just can't be beat.
Just goes to show that you can't take an idea and try to recreate it unless you know how to make it work.
It's not the idea that makes a game. It's everything else.

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the GBA one was easily one of my favorites for that system.
Seeing as this one was developed to hype a new Astro Boy movie and was ported to multiple systems, chances are it'll be a flop.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just played the first stage and it isn't bad. It plays like the GBA version, the controls arn't bad thought I prefered teh GBA version's controls (they just felt tighter), it has decent presentation. So far so good.

So in essence my view is that they haven't fucked it up badly. the've basically used teh formula of the GBA version.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
astro1.jpg
astro2.jpg

sorry, i couldnt come up with better screenshots.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, this is very disappointing. I played the first level, but I didn't bother with any more of it. The camera is really bad, the collision detection is also pretty bad...

They could have simply copied what Treasure did in the past, and I think most folks would have been pleased. Instead, they totally botched it up. Seeing D3 on the title screen should have been a dead giveaway for me, though.
rolleyes.gif

damiussus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't played the GBA Astro Boy: This game is pure shovelware movie cash-in

If you have played the GBA Astro Boy: You will be disappointed almost as much as if your most looked forward to game got delayed a year. It truly is THAT BAD!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least now everyone knows why there was next to no info on this game anywhere on the net. I'm still stuck on level 1-3. How the hell do I beat the bosses? How hard would it have been to make the enemies flash when you hit them? Every other game like this does it. What were they thinking?

Someone wrote a review on GameFAQs that sums up this game pretty well. I didn't want to believe it, but the dude was right, the game ain't so good. And here I was thinking that people didn't like it because of the old-school gameplay....nope, that wasn't it.

Sometimes I think the people who develop some of these games aren't even gamers.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ruri said:
Yeah, pity. They should just have released a DS version of the GBA one.
Pretty sure that Sega would have been pissed if that happened seeing that they own the game and all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: