DS #4205: Professor Layton and Pandoras Box (Europe)

Spikeynator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ive alrdy finished this when is the next 1 comming out ?
tongue.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
Really only English?

Guess so, there have been single language French and Italian versions as well - suppose it could be like Cooking Guide where there's not enough room on the chosen cart size for an audio track in each language so they produce single language versions for each country.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
a good game albeit almost the same as the first one just a little changes to titles of the puzzles (like gathering puzzle pieces etc)... check it out, its pretty good

Quote - Often your utterances and expressions of your face leak out the secrets of your hidden thoughts

crook

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wonder why the Americans don't know the word pandoras box so that they have to rename it to stupid diabolic box? Can any American explain this lack of cultural knowledge?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
crook said:
I wonder why the Americans don't know the word pandoras box so that they have to rename it to stupid diabolic box? Can any American explain this lack of cultural knowledge?

I have no clue. I know the story of Pandora and her box, but Im not sure about my fellow americans.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crook said:
i can explain it...its because here in the US people like to baby everyone now and everything has to get super child proofed or else people complain about a stupid thing like the name Pandora's Box i know it sounds really dumb but thats pretty much the whole reason behind it. Also why do the european version get such a crappy box art?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
They're probably terrified that people would see a girls name in the title and think it was a game for girls - see the way they edit the American Kirby box art to give him a menacing scowl rather than a cheery grin.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope the Dutch version will get dumped. I beat the US version of this game, but I want to play it in my own language. Chances may be slim though... I think the Dutch version of the first game never got dumped either.

DS998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RedHero said:
I hope the Dutch version will get dumped. I beat the US version of this game, but I want to play it in my own language. Chances may be slim though... I think the Dutch version of the first game never got dumped either.

Dutch games have always been dumped (if there was one), so I suppose that PL gets dumped for sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...