Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Hadrian, Sep 20, 2009.
Released in North America as "Sideswiped" on the 29th Sept.
It controls fine...in a sort of SNES Mode 7/GBA racer way, very arcadey but it gets old quick. You pretty much just crash into cars smaller than yours to get points and if you crash into big vehicles you explode. If it was an bonus mode in another racer then it would be acceptable but as a full price game its not. Still its a small file size so its worth a quick game now and again and we don't always have to pay to play.
I might have to give this a try.
Not really, its far more shallow than that.
Beats the actual Burnout DS anyway.
well after 2 1/2 hours late compared to "other sceeners" not bad
but wtf is up with the japanese woman?..
the English teacher from Azumanga Diaoh had a better accent! '_'
all in all.
fun time waster.
god hand is teh best!
Wasn't it called Crash King? Maybe I've been misreading the game title for a while...
Oh, so this is the game I mistook for the second Burnout DS game!
I'm pretty sure it's still called 'Crash King'. Globalization hasn't brought Japan any closer to getting their 'Ls' and 'Rs' straight.
The game might be simple, but it's great and very fun. The only reason to not play this game is the fact that the american version comes out around next week, I'll wait for it to be able to read the menus
Played it for a very short amount of time, and it looks really good on DS. But I couldn't get into the racing. Seemed more like a demolition derby than anything else.
This game looks pretty cool. I'll get it when it comes out in english.
To me it seems like an excellent racing game engine, it runs smooth and the graphics are good, but the premise behind the game is kind of whack. I mean come on, slam into as much stuff as possible? Really?
I don't know, maybe it will make a little more sense when the English version comes out and I can actually read what's going on.
How many events have you guys actually played from this?
I would say less than half of the events are about crashing into everything else. There's plenty of racing to be had in it. Although I can understand why you might think this if you played the game for 10 minutes and then came on here to write your thoughts.
It'll make a lot more sense when it has an American release (if it already doesn't). Smashing into things is 90% of American culture, the other 10% being 8% sex appeal and 2% American Football.
there is no hope for us americans is there?
Fair point. I did only play it for like 10 minutes. But I also said it might make more sense to me when the English version comes out and I can at least read what my objectives are supposed to be when I start a race.
Then I'll wait...!!
it is having a U release?
i like the part you accelerate and knocking down cars like bowling
Of course, this isn't some cutesy crap game, so it will probably take it weeks from the retail release to get a USA dump, if it ever does.
The USA version will be called Sideswiped & should be out on the 29th. Fun so far I hope it makes more sense when I can read the menus.