DS #4157: Dirt 2 (USA)

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Game is pretty good for a DS racer. But one thing really sucks - the music!
You can't turn the volume of this high school rock crap down like in the "big" console versions (so you have to turn it off completely in the option menu) and there is no option for B=gas, Y=brake, A=handbrake
frown.gif

Anyway, i'm gonna play this some more now, bye

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I gave this game a go....very nice. Top-notch graphics for a DS racing game, but the sound is horrible. Really crappy music during races though it seemed better in menus since that was instrumental. I really wish developers would stop playing music that has singing during the action, for whatever reason, it bugs the hell outta me. Engine sounds are crap. It seems like they spent all the time making the game play well and look nice, but the sound guy was on holiday or something and they used some tone-deaf noob for the sound.

So, turn the volume down (or at least kill the really lame music) and enjoy. I really wish they would have had an option to kill the music during a race but keep it during menus, or maybe just left the music to simple midi tunes and improved the engine sounds. The sound really brings the game down a notch in the ratings, but the rest of the game is sweet.

The fact that I never have to touch the touchscreen if I don't want to is a huge plus for me.

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Gameplay: Very nice.
Graphics: Not bad at all.
Sound: BULLCRAP (ok, maybe overreacting, but it IS bad)

IMO the game's enjoyable, just with the sound off.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
The controls feel odd. Its hard to pull of a realistic off road racing game with merely digital inputs for the steering and accelerator, they just encourage holding down A the whole way around.

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My review: 8/10 same as IGN

This is basically Grid 2. It plays EXACTLY the same with some minor differences.

Presentation is better imo.

Graphics are the same, if not a tiny bit better. Sceneries are WAY better than grid, which is just track racing. This is more offroad racing, hence the name, so you get better sceneries. GOOD graphics imo.

Music: I actually like the music, one suck sucked and 1 song was better than the rest, but overall not to annoying to turn it off.

Improvements to the track designer are a plus. There are more things (tiles, whatever) to put into your own tracks.

There are more events to do, like a long jump where you have to land good.

There are jumps in the races, and this game gives you more sense of speed imo.

You got Career play, Quick Race and Time Trial. Career has you go to different country over the globe, and different events in each country. Same old, same old.

Multiplayer Multi-Card AND single card play. Which is good.

Downside is that there is no WFC which would be awesome.

Controls are a bit different than grid, so you have to get used to it, it's more drifty, for better or for worse, your call. I like both. It also gives more attention to not hitting cars, cause it will slow you down.

If you liked grid, you'll like this. Buy it. Pick up this game a try it at least.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The funny thing is the developers were proud of the full-fledged MP3s they were able to squeeze in the DS version
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn