CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You may get a save after a point but because I can’t get past level 3 I have yet to find out, & it seems that after a bit my drawings stop turning into objects. I was looking forward to this game but unless I’m missing something this is turning out to be a dud.
frown.gif

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this would be somewhat decent, and something to pass the time, but it's awful. There are so many bugs, the physics are horrible, sound effects are annoying. Very little effort was put into it. It really feels like playing a crappy flash game or something.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree with the naysayers here, because there really is a lot of nay to be saying about.

I've been waiting for this game since it was announced as it seemed like a decent 2D side scrolling platform game mixed with Kirby's Canvas Curse elements.

Instead we get what could have been a flash game. The presentation is awful, even for a 20 dollar budget title. Games like Big Boom Mini have been released for the same price and had 6 times the amount of character in just its title screen as this game has in its entire rom size.

The controls are iffy at best. You really never know what will come out of drawing any shape or just scribbling. It's a bit like the loose draw controls Wario Master of Disguise had. In fact, this feels like a really early, alpha tech presentation of Master of Disguise programmed by one person during a lunch break in hopes of getting a budget and a development team to make it into a fully realized game.

No save feature a video game nowadays? Almost shooting yourself in the face with a .45. Having no save on a handheld game meant to be played on the go in short spurts on a platform known for casual gaming? Shooting yourself in the face with a rocket propelled grenade launcher and then having a clone of your pre-Marker Man Adventures self urinate into your gaping former face.

Such high hopes for this game. I was actually sad and disappointed the 3-4 times it was delayed. But it turns out the delay was merely to bury it in a month full of blockbuster titles so it could quickly be forgotten.

Strong recommendation to avoid/kill it with fire.

Edit: Oh, and insult to injury -- the game is full of stick figures and doodles and not much else and yet it still takes up twice the space a game like Go Go Cosmic Cops does, even if the former is full of original artwork, dozens of levels, and a save feature.

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
Donato_Dobango said:
I have to agree with the naysayers here, because there really is a lot of nay to be saying about.

I've been waiting for this game since it was announced as it seemed like a decent 2D side scrolling platform game mixed with Kirby's Canvas Curse elements.

Instead we get what could have been a flash game. The presentation is awful, even for a 20 dollar budget title. Games like Big Boom Mini have been released for the same price and had 6 times the amount of character in just its title screen as this game has in its entire rom size.

The controls are iffy at best. You really never know what will come out of drawing any shape or just scribbling. It's a bit like the loose draw controls Wario Master of Disguise had. In fact, this feels like a really early, alpha tech presentation of Master of Disguise programmed by one person during a lunch break in hopes of getting a budget and a development team to make it into a fully realized game.

No save feature a video game nowadays? Almost shooting yourself in the face with a .45. Having no save on a handheld game meant to be played on the go in short spurts on a platform known for casual gaming? Shooting yourself in the face with a rocket propelled grenade launcher and then having a clone of your pre-Marker Man Adventures self urinate into your gaping former face.

Such high hopes for this game. I was actually sad and disappointed the 3-4 times it was delayed. But it turns out the delay was merely to bury it in a month full of blockbuster titles so it could quickly be forgotten.

Strong recommendation to avoid/kill it with fire.

Edit: Oh, and insult to injury -- the game is full of stick figures and doodles and not much else and yet it still takes up twice the space a game like Go Go Cosmic Cops does, even if the former is full of original artwork, dozens of levels, and a save feature.
Take it out of your hype machine and chuck it into your flame machine >=]

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if anything this game is way more a ripoff of Wario Master of Disguise, not Drawn to Life.

My Hype Machine... has not been doing so well. It seems for every 1 game I'm truly looking forward to, 2 pieces of crap are released I was also hoping would not suck. I need to start a Kill It With Fire machine.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah...people of GBAtemp.

Do NOT bother wasting your MicroSD capacity on this game. Nor your bandwidth.

This game is, like another person described it, seriously like a homebrew project maybe in it's 3rd stage of development. It is cheap, sounds are the same, so therefore they suck, it takes forever to find a spot where to draw a line from, and the voice animations are horrible.

0/10 for me.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure this deserves to be compared to homebrew games. 90% of them are way better than this and for god's sake the stick figure is pixelated when he moves what the hell? Does your company not have the capacity to render a stick man? And the spike traps are real easy to miss against the backgrounds so you can die over and over again before realizing what killed you and of course with no save everyone one of those pointless deaths is back to stage one.

The drawing mechanics are all kinds of fucked up when drawing a line is recognized as a triangle and drawing a distinct circle makes a line and then drawing a straight line isnt even recognized at all. Getting stuck on edges when you jump, the unpleasantly pixelated graphics, the poor controls, poor drawing recognition, no save....the list goes on and on.

I actually can't find ANY redeeming quality to this game it's not even a decent platformer OR puzzler, it doesnt have quirky or interesting graphics or style, the music is bland and either irritating or completely unremarkable and the lack of any kind of decent controls for ANY part of the game makes it an over all failure. I feel like I'm playing a game made by a complete amateur at home with only minimal knowledge of programming and no idea what kind of game they were even making.

I'm insulted that anyone would dare to charge money for this piece of shit. I wouldn't take this game for free much less pay $15 on it. I've seen Imagine games that do what they're supposed to with more polish and better graphics.

I am sorely disappointed by the waste of a game that had so much potential to be a simple but fun and quirky puzzle/platformer. It shan't grace my card ever again.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, not having a save function is pretty sad. That just means anyone with a flashcart that has RTS will have a better experience with this game than the suckers who bought it at retail. To me, that's actually kinda funny.....makes me almost want to put it on my cart just to prove my point. But then, I read what everyone has said about the game....I won't bother.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drawing things costs you health. That's stupid. The whole point of the game is drawing, why punish you for it?

BudFern

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are saves in this game. Under Options there is a tab named Profiles. Under this are 4 different profiles and the game will autosave from the profile you choose. The actual game is much more polished than that movie of the original demo. It is fairly simple and straight foward to me so far.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
and thanks ruri for that info... didnt even realised that drawing drains health...

Leamonde.Halcyon said:
I'm not sure this deserves to be compared to homebrew games. 90% of them are way better than this and for god's sake the stick figure is pixelated when he moves what the hell? Does your company not have the capacity to render a stick man? And the spike traps are real easy to miss against the backgrounds so you can die over and over again before realizing what killed you and of course with no save everyone one of those pointless deaths is back to stage one.

The drawing mechanics are all kinds of fucked up when drawing a line is recognized as a triangle and drawing a distinct circle makes a line and then drawing a straight line isnt even recognized at all. Getting stuck on edges when you jump, the unpleasantly pixelated graphics, the poor controls, poor drawing recognition, no save....the list goes on and on.

I actually can't find ANY redeeming quality to this game it's not even a decent platformer OR puzzler, it doesnt have quirky or interesting graphics or style, the music is bland and either irritating or completely unremarkable and the lack of any kind of decent controls for ANY part of the game makes it an over all failure. I feel like I'm playing a game made by a complete amateur at home with only minimal knowledge of programming and no idea what kind of game they were even making.

I'm insulted that anyone would dare to charge money for this piece of shit. I wouldn't take this game for free much less pay $15 on it. I've seen Imagine games that do what they're supposed to with more polish and better graphics.

I am sorely disappointed by the waste of a game that had so much potential to be a simple but fun and quirky puzzle/platformer. It shan't grace my card ever again.

ya, i noticed these faults as well.. and frankly, how the hell can they missed out such obvious crappy collision detection anyway? and i guess marker man is a god i guess since he can walk on air(a little) but that still doesn't explain why he can't kill anything.

QUOTE(Rayder @ Sep 10 2009, 07:48 AM) Heh, not having a save function is pretty sad. That just means anyone with a flashcart that has RTS will have a better experience with this game than the suckers who bought it at retail. To me, that's actually kinda funny.....makes me almost want to put it on my cart just to prove my point. But then, I read what everyone has said about the game....I won't bother.

actually... there is, but its an auto save, i was trying out and reloaded and when i choose the first option, it just loads me at the 2nd stage, but darn it, at the very least, ghostbuster (PC version) had the decency to show a save in progress screen, but this? there's no indication that there was a save going on .... or don't tell me, that retardedly long loading time doubles as a save in progress screen? I mean for a small stage, with some stuff, how long does it take to render them out anyway?

and u guys were right about how screwup the controls are, i was pissed at the game and just scribble like a loony on my screen and before i knew it, bam, that marker dude turn red and he has the ability to jump pretty high and apparently it consums marker, so i guess markers are your power up charge?

well, this has been a disappointment so, i guess its time for me to clean up the trash.

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I can't say something nice about something....

er...

um...

well...

Maybe I should just stay silent on this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.