DS #4124: Nanashi no Game Me (Japan)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game IS released, but the nfo file I got seems to have either messed up or is fake. Sorry about that. All other statistics should be correct.

EDIT- Nevermind. The nfo file IS correct after all. Confirmed with a scene release site. :wtf:

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played the first game and it was so damn ambient,sherical and must be a good horror game... It's a pity that they won't be localizing it I guess...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the first one was one of the few games to truly scare me. But no localization. To be honest though, I'm really surprised they did a sequel. The first one sold really badly.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, basically the original game was split into two gameplay types- an RPG-like setting, and a first person view in 3D. The RPG is this weird cursed game that is said to kill the player within 7 days. You usually walk around creepy 3D environments, but every once in a while, you hear a beeping noise, telling you to turn on the RPG game. The "game with no name" it's called. All you really do in the RPG is walk around and talk to people. Sometimes, the game seems to glitch up. The Japanese character for death flashes when you walk around. And the sound distorts. Sometimes, you will hear the game beeping calling for you, and you have to play around with it a little to advance some in the real world.

This sequel is said to have similar gameplay, but apparently now has a cursed 8bit sidescroller to add to the mix.

BTW- Neither games are really understandable without knowing Japanese. There's a considerable amount of text in the real world story sequences and the RPG parts. I stopped playing the first one due to a lack of knowing what the hell to do.

nori2nori

Trophies
XP
Country
How to play "Nanashi no Game Me" on your DSTT and R4

1. Download Patch.rar and get a Patch.exe file from the RAR archive.

2. Drag your ROM and drop it to the Patch.exe. That's all.
yaynds.gif

Credit to Rudolph.

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pitman said:
Gullwing said:
I have played the first game and it was so damn ambient,sherical and must be a good horror game... It's a pity that they won't be localizing it I guess...

Is the first one playable without J knowledge ?
I played the first one with no knowledge of Japanese and found it fairly easy to get through. It's definitely one of the scariest horrors on the DS.
It's worth giving a try also there's a walkthrough on Gamefaqs if you get stuck.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ahmm... Gentlemen, did anyone had a problem with the "input password stuff"? I can read Japanese, so I started playing, was,like, 20-30 minutes into the game and my character was investigating the house of the victim of the cursed 8-bit RPG from the first game- you know, the creepy house you've seen in the beginning of the first game, the first really creepy location in it. Well, you come to this place in the second game as well and after some investigation in the "real" world you find the "TS"- the game machine running the cursed 8-bit RPGs in both Nanashi no Game and Nanashi no Game Me. It's lying on the floor, you cannot miss it, it's crucial for progressing. After finding it you start playing the cursed game- the RPG from Nanashi no Game, not the plkatformer. In the 8-bit RPG, when you're talking with a guy he demands that you input some password and the text input dialog appeares. I had no idea what the password was so I just poked random kana with the stulys. The screen- still the 8-bit RPG-like screen- showed me the password was incorrect and then my DSi- the real-world one, the one I was running the game on- just hanged! The screens went black and nothing changed for like 5 minutes. Could it be some sort of protection? Did anyone encounter this?

cloud_gackt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
nori2nori said:
How to play "Nanashi no Game Me" on your DSTT and R4

1. Download Patch.rar and get a Patch.exe file from the RAR archive.

2. Drag your ROM and drop it to the Patch.exe. That's all.
yaynds.gif

Credit to Rudolph.

Thanks for the patch.
This game is really creepy

samurayjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game freezes (black screen) at several points, apparently at random, even after applying the patch.
Does anyone have a solution?
unsure.gif

kyogo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The patch didn't worked for me. The game starts but at a certain point, the game leaves a black screen.
cry.gif

tried on EZ-Flash V+ under 1.86h and on RC4.

kesadisan

Trophies
Website
www.lonestudio.net
XP
Country
Indonesia
ibis_87 said:
Ahmm... Gentlemen, did anyone had a problem with the "input password stuff"? I can read Japanese, so I started playing, was,like, 20-30 minutes into the game and my character was investigating the house of the victim of the cursed 8-bit RPG from the first game- you know, the creepy house you've seen in the beginning of the first game, the first really creepy location in it. Well, you come to this place in the second game as well and after some investigation in the "real" world you find the "TS"- the game machine running the cursed 8-bit RPGs in both Nanashi no Game and Nanashi no Game Me. It's lying on the floor, you cannot miss it, it's crucial for progressing. After finding it you start playing the cursed game- the RPG from Nanashi no Game, not the plkatformer. In the 8-bit RPG, when you're talking with a guy he demands that you input some password and the text input dialog appeares. I had no idea what the password was so I just poked random kana with the stulys. The screen- still the 8-bit RPG-like screen- showed me the password was incorrect and then my DSi- the real-world one, the one I was running the game on- just hanged! The screens went black and nothing changed for like 5 minutes. Could it be some sort of protection? Did anyone encounter this?

actually I have the same problem too
I don't know if this is Password, or so...
but I think about another Piracy Check

wow... double check... effective...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong