DS #4123: Hoshizora Navi (Japan)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Tempbot, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Tempbot
    OP

Tempbot Tunnel Snakes rule

pip Contributor
    Nov 21, 2007
    ^^ndsrelease-5313^^

2. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I wanted to make this note- This rom will NOT work on any flashcard or emulator. It has a sensor that you get when you buy the game to hook into the DS to play. I'm not even sure what kind of game it is. It's some sort of stargazing sim from the looks of it-

Another video-

3. pieman202

pieman202 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2008
    Home
    im guessing that the cartridge has an inbuilt compass so wouldn't the game be inaccurate for other countries anyway?

4. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Maybe or Maybe not, there could be a Country selector or something.

5. Bahamut_X

Bahamut_X Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2006
    Canada
    Hard to say; from the look of the cart; it seems the cart itself has a camera inside as the focus point.

I know some software trickery it might be possible to pull off making it work in DSi mode if you've got one. Only one downside to it; being the crap lens they added to the dsi.

6. AppleJuice

AppleJuice GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2006
    IRC
    That's a fantastic and truly original idea for a DS game. I really hope it gets a European release.

From the look of the videos, the cart includes a compass and something to detect tilt. I'm not sure what use a camera would be for that application.

7. loksun

loksun Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2008
    Senegal
    Huh... this actually looks quite interesting. Too bad it's in Japanese, if not I would be tempted to get one.

8. pelrun

pelrun Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2008
    Damn, I want that! But it looks like it's really difficult to track down. ;_;

I should probably finish building one of my projects that has an inbuilt accelerometer/gyro/compass (vr game gun [​IMG] ) and hook that up to Stellarium or something.

9. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Looks original enough to me, a friend of me likes stargazing so he might be interested in it.