DS #4097: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (USA)

cngamemart

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gamezway.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
I like this type
smile.gif

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, those cutscenes are terrible!
glare.gif
They totally ruin the game as a first look perspective, even though the actual gameplay is very decent.
But the cutscenes clearly shows that it was a lazy, rushed job just for the cash-in. I probably won't play this since there's a lot of much better games that I still have to finish.

Also, that canned Gauntlet DS probably would be much better than this if it got released.

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like the cut scenes, but the game itself is not too bad, at least nowhere near as bad as most movie license games. I am a huge fan of Gauntlet and those style games (Baldurs Gate, Alien Breen, Chaos Engine and so on..) so I am a bit biased. I hope they use this engine again and perfect it.

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the further I get in this game the more I can recommend it. It's worth playing guys, it's a fun game despite the movie license thing and the ugly cut scenes that look like something from the NES days! The game itself (play as snake eyes!!) at it's core is really fun once you get the hang of it. I wonder if Gauntlet DS will ever leak out one day?

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah, a very decent game n terms of gameplay. Top-down shoot-em'ups are not that frequent on the DS, anyway. It's just those cutscenes that should have been replaced with just text windows. But still the game is all right even for a person completely unfamiliar with the G.I. Joe brand, like me
smile.gif
Gonna finish it soon.

Kevin242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like Gauntlet style games and classics like Ikari warriors you will like this. It's much better that the reviews make it out to be, but you got to get about 8-10% into the game before you will get used to the controls and the pacing of the game. The cut scenes look like something from the SNES days, butasyou get into the game you won't care even if they are sometimes annoying and you just want them to go away so you can see the map.

Play as Snake Eyes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao