DS #3965: Rollin' Rascals (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by dice, Jul 12, 2009.

Jul 12, 2009

DS #3965: Rollin' Rascals (USA) by dice at 1:26 PM (2,440 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. dice
    OP

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    ^^ndsrelease-5139^^

2. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Name and boxart bring to mind Flipper Critters and Koropina respectively, but from the screenshots it looks like a puzzle game
    http://www.eurogamer.net/gallery.php?game_...d=135065#anchor

It's going to be released under the name Animal Kororo in the EU and I have a feeling it's already been released in Japanese, but I can't find it in the release list so maybe I'm wrong.

3. cosmiccow

Member cosmiccow Original Hippie

Germany
    Puzzle with nice/cute graphics..instant-win for me =)
    I'm checking it out.

4. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i think this game is worth playing but for puzzle likers cuz i am not into it

5. crook

Member crook GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    You gotta be shitting me! [​IMG]

6. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    I wonder why they just can't keep the same title name in the US and Euro release. It always confuses me when companies decide to do that with a game. [​IMG]

7. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    You roll animal faces and if you match two, they disappear.
    However you can't just roll anywhere. The game tells you which direction you must roll.

That really ruined gameplay for me. I think the devs put it there because they couldn't handle touch screen strokes too well and the ball was going in random directions.

8. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom

I think basically it happens when whoever's in charge of relasing it in a region has a low opinion of that region. "Animal Kororo? The yanks won't have a fucking clue what that is, call it Rollin Rascals, at least then their short attention spans will gather it's a game where you roll animals about." "Koropina 2? The Eurotrash won't buy that, dumb it down a bit and call it Marble Balance Challenge."

Same with how Kirby always gets a happy cute face for the Japanese boxart and an angry face for the US release, because they think Americans won't want to question their manliness by playing with a cute pink ball unless said pink ball is badass and wants to fuck shit up.

9. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I put this on my mom's cart last night since she's a puzzle maniac... then I ended up playing it for a half hour.

I like the "You can't move in any direction at any time" aspect. It gives the game a mix of Bejeweled, Tetris (in the column of what direction you can move), and those games where you have to move shapes in an exact order to group them all together.

It's not something that's worth 30 bucks. But it's the equivalent of a browser flash game you might play obsessively for a half hour or so and keep around for a minute here and there.