Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I really like the chiptune in those videos, but the idea of going to Wifi spots to get more treasure is kinda difficult... I only know two places with Wifi besides my own home with the Wifi connector
unsure.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Jei said:
I really like the chiptune in those videos, but the idea of going to Wifi spots to get more treasure is kinda difficult... I only know two places with Wifi besides my own home with the Wifi connector
unsure.gif

I was thinking about turning it on and just putting it in my bag, that way when I'm on my way to college it'll pick up whatever WiFi spots are nearby.

Then maybe if you go on out of town trips you could do the same thing to get different WiFi spots from another area.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Law said:
Jei said:
unsure.gif

I was thinking about turning it on and just putting it in my bag, that way when I'm on my way to college it'll pick up whatever WiFi spots are nearby.

Then maybe if you go on out of town trips you could do the same thing to get different WiFi spots from another area.
That's what the game encourages you to do.
Anyways I just updated my profile with 3 new songscapes in case anyone wants to listen to them.
The first one is the Garnet Maze and it sounds like crap, but the second and third one have a classical musical influence to them don't you think?.

EDIT: This game is really... smart.
I had posted a question on the Club Treasure World website and while I was WebCopying my DS data a little message popped up saying someone had replied to my post, so I went to check... and it was true
ohmy.gif

Brocktree

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the first goal which is represented by trophy (located at the top left of screen) to find 1000 stars (wifi signals)?

So many items to collect...

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Jei said:
unsure.gif
well i guess i'm considered lucky to be in a country that is well connected... we live in flats and there are easily around 100 units in each block, and almost 50% have their own wifi. so even if i'm to lazy to head out to the city centre, just a walk around the neighbourhood probably gets me 100 new hotspots...

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Do we need complete access to the WiFi (SSID, any WEP/WPA security settings)?

I asked this on the hype thread, seems as long as it sees that there's a unique wi-fi signal it counts, you don't actually need to log into it...which makes it much more useful and more likely to find treasures in residential areas and such (I think I can pick up half a dozen from my living room alone.) Could be a bit of intermittent fun to be had.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I really don't understand why everyone is going crazy over this game... it looks boring as hell. Sure, the premise is interesting, but the game looks boring.

I don't think thinking of it as a game is right. I enjoy it, but it certainly isn't a game.

But I have to go to the store tomorrow for some picnic foods and I can't wait to see how many treasures I can pick up from here to there just by leaving my DS on.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
went for a drive and got 265 star points and 20 rare items.

this game is pretty cool and seems more like a app then a actual game but if they added this technoglogy into animal crossing or pokemon it would be a killer game.

orverall its pretty fun and good to use to play ds when your on the road.

NaYa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish I had this when I was traveling all over East Coast last year!
This game mechanism of utilizing wifi hotspots certainly has great potential for future games.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
i went for a walk later and got 70 stars and 10 treasures , most were trees , clothes , a gold dragon a chess piece and more collectible items , a few puzzle pieces part 1 and 29 - might be cool game mechanic to find puzzle pieces via wifi, and more star points .
if your playing it i recommend check the points after 10-20 stars found because i think the ds might have a limit on treasures it gives out.
i also got one star for searching at a certain time and will test it out by playing with the internal clock.

this game is great and i want to go out again today but its too cold so i will tomorrow ,but this is possibly the most fun to have with a ds when not actively playing the ds .

sure its not a engaging game but if your active or travel lots its super fun seeing what you get

Martijn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vbaskins.com
XP
Country
For those of you that have already tried the game, does it keep scanning for networks (stars) when you close the DS lid? It would be very annoying to have an opened DS with me when cycling.

Kreatur84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
does it even work in germany?and how does it work?
at my hometown, there are just a few wlan points.
when scanning all the time, must the battery be empty fast.

sorry 4 my bad english

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
So does it just give you treasure based on the name of the wi-fi point? And will the same wi-fi name give the same treasure? Can imagine people just sitting changing the name of their own access point to get the items they want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Skill issue.