Another Imagine spin-off ?
When will the sequel come?
I can't wait any longer for Imagine 2
cry.gif

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Well this is certainly better thought out than some Imagine games. Developed by Creative Patterns who also did the above average My Restaurant/Gourmet Chef, it has a similar feel to the art style and interface.

Basically your grandfather is retiring and wants you to run his shop. Game wise customers or "clients" will enter the shop and you have to approach them, find out what they are looking for, find something in the shop which fits their request, give it to them and then wrap it and get the money.

The requests though tend to be things like "I'd like to please my son."
smileipb2.png
"He likes music and the colour green." you would then pick up a Music CD in a green case... because I too always buy music based on the colour of the cover. If you leave clients too long they get impatient and leave the store, complaining about the poor service as they go, only for someone looking exactly like them to walk in straight after.

Each level give you a number of objectives which you have to complete to progress. This could be selling something to a "celebrity" client, or selling a certain number of a product. On occasions you may be required to create a special gift, such as a cake to the clients specifications, although that's fairly easy.

As the shop expands you are introduced to Mr Cheepo (booo!) who owns a rival store and you know is going to become a bastard, and Tony the cashier. You'll also meet Tony's identical twin brother Tolo, who also works in the shop as a cashier. When you question Tolo about him being Tony's twin he claims he's not. This can only mean that Tony has even more identical brothers who will also work in the shop at the counter in different areas of the expanding store.

This I believe is the developers way of highlighting the social and economical problems the downtrodden store cashiers of this world have to face. Tony and his "identical brothers" represents the faceless and unnoticed masses who serve their imperial consumerist overlords. But it might just be a cheap ploy by the developer to explain why the same person is manning the cash register in each section of the store.

"Tony" will give you information on how you're doing with your goals, such as "Now you need to satisfy 4 clients"
smileipb2.png
to which you reply in your head "I have to wait for a customer to come."
smileipb2.png
and I always thought that was something only prostitutes worried about.

This is an Imagine game and therefore aimed at pre-teen girls, so if you don't fall into that demographic there is little here your gonna find fun. And even if you are a pre-teen girl, if you would rather play the latest JRPG than submit to a gender stereotype, there is nothing here for you either.

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
Just Joe said:
Well this is certainly better thought out than some Imagine games. Developed by Creative Patterns who also did the above average My Restaurant/Gourmet Chef, it has a similar feel to the art style and interface.

Basically your grandfather is retiring and wants you to run his shop. Game wise customers or "clients" will enter the shop and you have to approach them, find out what they are looking for, find something in the shop which fits their request, give it to them and then wrap it and get the money.

The requests though tend to be things like "I'd like to please my son."
smileipb2.png
"He likes music and the colour green." you would then pick up a Music CD in a green case... because I too always buy music based on the colour of the cover. If you leave clients too long they get impatient and leave the store, complaining about the poor service as they go, only for someone looking exactly like them to walk in straight after.

Each level give you a number of objectives which you have to complete to progress. This could be selling something to a "celebrity" client, or selling a certain number of a product. On occasions you may be required to create a special gift, such as a cake to the clients specifications, although that's fairly easy.

As the shop expands you are introduced to Mr Cheepo (booo!) who owns a rival store and you know is going to become a bastard, and Tony the cashier. You'll also meet Tony's identical twin brother Tolo, who also works in the shop as a cashier. When you question Tolo about him being Tony's twin he claims he's not. This can only mean that Tony has even more identical brothers who will also work in the shop at the counter in different areas of the expanding store.

This I believe is the developers way of highlighting the social and economical problems the downtrodden store cashiers of this world have to face. Tony and his "identical brothers" represents the faceless and unnoticed masses who serve their imperial consumerist overlords. But it might just be a cheap ploy by the developer to explain why the same person is manning the cash register in each section of the store.

"Tony" will give you information on how you're doing with your goals, such as "Now you need to satisfy 4 clients"
smileipb2.png
to which you reply in your head "I have to wait for a customer to come."
smileipb2.png
and I always thought that was something only prostitutes worried about.

This is an Imagine game and therefore aimed at pre-teen girls, so if you don't fall into that demographic there is little here your gonna find fun. And even if you are a pre-teen girl, if you would rather play the latest JRPG than submit to a gender stereotype, there is nothing here for you either.

I must say, this makes a change from 'OMGZ shovel warez!!!'
It was an informative and enjoyable read. So thank you for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.