DS #3882: Imagine My Boutique (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jun 18, 2009.

Jun 18, 2009
  1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^ndsrelease-5044^^

2. crook

Member crook GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Yea I can't IMAGINE anything better my dear.

3. pitman

Member pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Israel
    Another Imagine spin-off ?
    When will the sequel come?
    I can't wait any longer for Imagine 2 [​IMG]

4. Just Joe

Member Just Joe GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Well this is certainly better thought out than some Imagine games. Developed by Creative Patterns who also did the above average My Restaurant/Gourmet Chef, it has a similar feel to the art style and interface.

Basically your grandfather is retiring and wants you to run his shop. Game wise customers or "clients" will enter the shop and you have to approach them, find out what they are looking for, find something in the shop which fits their request, give it to them and then wrap it and get the money.

The requests though tend to be things like "I'd like to please my son." [​IMG] "He likes music and the colour green." you would then pick up a Music CD in a green case... because I too always buy music based on the colour of the cover. If you leave clients too long they get impatient and leave the store, complaining about the poor service as they go, only for someone looking exactly like them to walk in straight after.

Each level give you a number of objectives which you have to complete to progress. This could be selling something to a "celebrity" client, or selling a certain number of a product. On occasions you may be required to create a special gift, such as a cake to the clients specifications, although that's fairly easy.

As the shop expands you are introduced to Mr Cheepo (booo!) who owns a rival store and you know is going to become a bastard, and Tony the cashier. You'll also meet Tony's identical twin brother Tolo, who also works in the shop as a cashier. When you question Tolo about him being Tony's twin he claims he's not. This can only mean that Tony has even more identical brothers who will also work in the shop at the counter in different areas of the expanding store.

This I believe is the developers way of highlighting the social and economical problems the downtrodden store cashiers of this world have to face. Tony and his "identical brothers" represents the faceless and unnoticed masses who serve their imperial consumerist overlords. But it might just be a cheap ploy by the developer to explain why the same person is manning the cash register in each section of the store.

"Tony" will give you information on how you're doing with your goals, such as "Now you need to satisfy 4 clients" [​IMG] to which you reply in your head "I have to wait for a customer to come." [​IMG] and I always thought that was something only prostitutes worried about.

This is an Imagine game and therefore aimed at pre-teen girls, so if you don't fall into that demographic there is little here your gonna find fun. And even if you are a pre-teen girl, if you would rather play the latest JRPG than submit to a gender stereotype, there is nothing here for you either.

5. Acetic Orcein

Member Acetic Orcein GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom

I must say, this makes a change from 'OMGZ shovel warez!!!'
    It was an informative and enjoyable read. So thank you for that.

6. Shakraka

Member Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'd imagine her boutique, if you know what I mean.

7. Shebang

Member Shebang GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    [​IMG] WTF?

8. raing3

Member raing3 CNET_Richard

Australia
    Somebody must really hate the imagine games.... I wonder who it is... it happened with the other imagine game as well.

9. Rywiec

Newcomer Rywiec Member

Poland
    How can I vote 3% ? It is even possible to vote 0% ?
    BTW great game!!!

10. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Yeah, I was just thinking the exact same thing.
    The fuck?

11. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    hacker or something... totally the weirdest release in terms of rating and no. of games of this type released
    still it's not something bad cuz ppl do buy it but still, i am not going for it

12. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    sounds like a bad copy of pop cutie fashion simulation