DS #3851: Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled (USA)

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmmm nice.. it could be I suppose, as some have been waiting for this.

Edit: The game is alright, even if a little slow. Something to play when there is nothing else (maybe after Starfy;). Has a nice oldschool feel to it.
It's basically a SNES RPG, that explains why it's so small too. 16 bit FTW
biggrin.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just can't believe this game could really be any good if it's only a 16meg ROM.

I filled in the missing info.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
What is this exactly? Even after viewing some screens at gamefaqs i still cant make out the gameplay...
sleep.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
How is this only 16 megabytes? I thought this was supposed to be a 30+ hour game? I was expecting more like 132MB or something along those lines. Might even have hit the 256 mark. But surely this is supposed to be more than 16? Have I got a bad dump or something?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is 16MB because it was originally a GBA game and they quick ported it to DS without changing anything except adding touch screen controls and expanded the interface to the top screen. I don't mean to be rude, but size =/= quality regardless of all the penis obsessed around here.
tongue.gif

I'll check this out. Got one negative review from Nintendo Power, and one positive one from Play. Both mags are not reliable.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't always judge games by their size. It could mean the developers used good, tight code, it could mean that cut scenes are done well in the game engine rather than with bloated FMVs, that there's some sweet pixel art instead of needless, badly done 3D and it could mean awesome midi/chiptune music rather than generic wavs. Of course it could also mean there's not much to the game, for example Elf Bowling
tongue.gif
But megs do not equal hours.

File size checks out, doesn't look like an underdump
99515372.jpg

Icon:
3851blacksigilbladeofth.png

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rayder said:
I just can't believe this game could really be any good if it's only a 16meg ROM.
Yeah you're totally right. 16 MB that can't be any good. So that also means we can throw all NES, SNES, GENESIS + most of the whole GBA catalogue in the bin. Phew now I only have to focus on DS and Wii from now on.

QUOTE(Blaze163 @ Jun 11 2009, 02:46 PM) How is this only 16 megabytes? I thought this was supposed to be a 30+ hour game? I was expecting more like 132MB or something along those lines. Might even have hit the 256 mark. But surely this is supposed to be more than 16? Have I got a bad dump or something?
So you think that the amount of gameplay equals the amount of megabytes? How do I have to calculate this?

Would that be something like 25kb per minute? Hmmm, okay so a good solid game with at least 30 hours of gameplay should be at least 45 MB. Oooh, I wonder if I did my maths correctly. So 25kb X 60 = 1500 kb, so that's 1,5 per hour. So 1,5 x 30 (hours) would make 45 MB. Yes, that's correct.

We now know for sure that a 30+ hour game has to be at least 45 MB.

PS: Wait but Mario 64 DS also was about 16 MB. Damn. And just when it all finally made sense!!!

L

lopyod

some days ago i set up chrono trigger sNEs version for a friend ---

My 4 gig Memory card was not big enough for all the hours of gameplay this game has.

lucky for me i didn't try to copy the infinite time of game of tetris .

moogle.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the game actually trimmed to 12MB. The size is NOT an indication of quality or length. Huge sizes can mean more gameplay, but it is often squandered on voice acting, recorded music, or video. I'm going to play this for a while. I'll check back tomorrow and see if I can give some impressions. Night everyone. Hope the freeze issues aren't real or common.

jamieb24

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So if you were to be looking for something on the internet, and not that I am, is there other places besides your common torrent sites to find it? just outta curious is all...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
Got one negative review from Nintendo Power

5.0 out of 10, ouch.

QUOTE(jamieb24 @ Jun 11 2009, 02:09 PM) So if you were to be looking for something on the internet, and not that I am, is there other places besides your common torrent sites to find it? just outta curious is all...

Yes there is. Hope that satisfies your curiosity.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blaze163 said:
How is this only 16 megabytes? I thought this was supposed to be a 30+ hour game? I was expecting more like 132MB or something along those lines. Might even have hit the 256 mark. But surely this is supposed to be more than 16? Have I got a bad dump or something?
Hey, that shitty dungeon crawler games was only 6MB or something. it claimed to be a 50 hour game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.