DS #3839: Fast Food Panic (Europe)

Dionysus

Trophies
XP
Country
how many restaruant ds games are they going to make its becoming too much, no offence to food game ds fans
dry.gif

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow. This game has a legit great art style with an anime touch and they give it that horrible cover art?

This game is definitely better than most recent "control both front and back of house" restaurant games like Spongebob's Cook-off or Hell's Kitchen. The Cooking Mama/Sushi Academy part is solid. So far I'm only making sushi, but I can imagine once you get many different people ordering different things, the game will get so much more hectic and fun.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
Wow. This game has a legit great art style with an anime touch and they give it that horrible cover art?

This game is definitely better than most recent "control both front and back of house" restaurant games like Spongebob's Cook-off or Hell's Kitchen. The Cooking Mama/Sushi Academy part is solid. So far I'm only making sushi, but I can imagine once you get many different people ordering different things, the game will get so much more hectic and fun.

The team that made this (Dorart) made a classic PS2 game called 'Curry House', which was pretty much the same thing but with all (Japanese-style) curry dishes. The cover art is specifically for Europe, although I have no idea why they didn't bother releasing a JP version...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still difficult for me to understand the appeal of these types of games. I grew up having to work these sorts of jobs. Why would I want to simulate them as a pastime? The only cooking game I found somewhat entertaining was Order Up on Wii. Never could get into Cooking Mama or Diner Dash, though.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
It's still difficult for me to understand the appeal of these types of games. I grew up having to work these sorts of jobs. Why would I want to simulate them as a pastime? The only cooking game I found somewhat entertaining was Order Up on Wii. Never could get into Cooking Mama or Diner Dash, though.

I used to be a farmhand, yet I still love Harvest Moon. I think it's the fact that I'm not actually the little guy on the screen getting worn out.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:

I feel the same way. I have a total of about 4 years experience at McDonald's and I have no intention of reliving that hell in a freakin' videogame. It's bad enough that I may have to consider going back to work at a ClownBurger until the recession eases up and my factory job comes back....if it ever does.

But look at it this way, kids who have never worked before will be getting a job soon at a fast food place near you, let them train on games like this before they screw up your order in real life.
wink.gif

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a family member who is a manager at a McD's and can't get enough of these games.

I guess they are just like any kind of puzzle game or shooter to me. I have to do a task by a set amount of time or I fail. I have no interest in hair cutting, but Sally's Salon was a good time waster. I also have no desire to work at a restaurant that serves only pizza, pasta, curry, sushi, and burgers, so this is also a good time waster.

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I actually got quite hooked. But true, it's the same over and over again. after a while it gets tedious and very stressful, lol.

Necromanson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extremely short main game but it was tons of fun. I would've been pissed off if I paid for it though, I think I beat it in about an hour and a half.

Plus the mini games are lame.
Worth a download for the main game, however.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Question for the gallery: what are your tactics for fatty big eaters?

When one enters my establishment, I welcome them and then see which of the three orders he made are easiest to make (sushi!), then the next easiest, then finish it up with whatever pasta/pizza he ordered that'll take forever. But I'm stuck on the New York level where you have to serve 3 big eaters to succeed.

Any advice?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.