Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
x.domination said:
Finally out..... Wow Zeromac you are doing a good job of updating the releases
smile.gif

thanks but im still alittle confused on how they work xD im just posting up the new ones
and for some reason, its going backwards...

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ohhhh yesohyesohyesohyes! I'm usually not one to get overly excited, but for JA, I am!
I had been hoping for a release yesterday, when we had a holiday in Germany. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna spend the weekend with my crew of mercenaries.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game seems to have a sort of built-in "copy protection" in that it is hard to understand the interface without having some instructions to explain it to you. I only played a little of the very beginning of the game and was having a hard time trying to figure out what exactly to do or just how to do it, though I HAVE had quite a few brewskies at this point, so maybe that has something to do with it. But it seems less intuitive than most DS games as far as the interface goes.

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
First look - very nice port, if you played PC version you won't have problems with interface. Movies & sfx/speech are still here. I just don't like new music.

Karry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I'd rather see the much-superior Deadly Games, or "Jagged Alliance 1.5". Deadly Games even had dynamically generated campaign !
First game kind of lacks focus and goals, and doesnt really require much thought or strategy.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
That's a nice surprise. I liked though JA2 better but JA itself is just a classic. Should not be a problem if you ever played the PC versions. Curious to know how they put up the controls. It's a mouse centric game but a stylus is not as responsive than a mouse. Definitely giving this one a try.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragonlord said:
That's a nice surprise. I liked though JA2 better but JA itself is just a classic. Should not be a problem if you ever played the PC versions. Curious to know how they put up the controls. It's a mouse centric game but a stylus is not as responsive than a mouse. Definitely giving this one a try.
A JA2 Gold port was actually started first but I guess the people behind it thought that the first game would have been better to port first.

Strategy First are planning to port more PC games from their back catalogue so expect more.

Gonna try this one later.

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did someone figure out how to make merc look in a direction? In PC version it was right click then left, but on ds?

ollidhama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JA is about an island with a load of trees which are medical miracles (basically)

but the island has been taken over by some evil guy and you have to fight it out to his base to win the game, it is like X-com
biggrin.gif

I have a problem... it won't let me move sectors... the only sector I am allowed in is 6, I am fighting with 7 mercs and I can't do anything

help!

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ollidhama said:
I have a problem... it won't let me move sectors... the only sector I am allowed in is 6, I am fighting with 7 mercs and I can't do anything

help!

You need to go with all mercs to the border of the sector, click on the clock and choose right option (ex. traverse north or smth).

I think they simplified this too much - items don't have any damage indicator so mechanic skill is only important for lockpicking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup