cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad this title doesn't leave anything out. More games should have names like this. Mario would become "Italian plumber jumping on platforms/enemies" and castlevania could become "Castle explorer with weapons."

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Found some review of it in German, apparently the controls suck:

QUOTE said:
"Again and again we tried in vain a diamond "touch" to the company after several attempts finally succeed. Annoying especially if you are extremely pressed for time, and shortly before the solution of the riddle, but because of inaccurate entries but then everything vermasselt."
If anyone's interested, here's the review (Google translated).

It's also not an exact Bejeweled clone, there are obstacles like rocks, the stages are arranged in patterns, and there are specific aims to each stage, involving clearing gems over the gold tiles which you can see in the below screenshot. It actually looks like it might have gameplay that's a cross between Bejeweled and Monster Puzzle, another little-known DS puzzler, but that one actually has decent controls.

fesg875h9gerst54w.jpg

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, it looks like a bad rip off of 7 Wonders, which was also a ripoff of Bejeweled.

Got to ask: what's the best pure version of Bejeweled on DS? I'm talking straight up version, no obstacles, levels end just like in Bejeweled.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Donato_Dobango said:
Got to ask: what's the best pure version of Bejeweled on DS? I'm talking straight up version, no obstacles, levels end just like in Bejeweled.
It's years since I last played original Bejeweled, so I don't even remember how levels end. Otherwise I'd probably guess Zoo Keeper, although it has hint blocks which make it different. Jewel Quest has different shaped stages and you need to clear something in every square on the grid to move on, which I'm pretty sure is different to Bejeweled. Puzzle Quest obviously has spells and all that bullshit.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I like Cradle of Rome as a puzzle game - finding it VERY addictive and quite challenging. I didn't beat the game because I didn't have enough points to buy the last 'building'.

But it's worth another playthrough, and I'm learning something about Rome too
smile.gif

Flozem

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My 2 cents: I find it surprisingly good. Played it for a while yesterday, and I never play this kind of games...
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality