DS #3779: Jewel Match (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, May 20, 2009.

May 20, 2009

DS #3779: Jewel Match (Europe) by Chanser at 1:31 AM (3,853 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^ndsrelease-4936^^

2. cupajoe

Member cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    I'm glad this title doesn't leave anything out. More games should have names like this. Mario would become "Italian plumber jumping on platforms/enemies" and castlevania could become "Castle explorer with weapons."

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Found some review of it in German, apparently the controls suck:

If anyone's interested, here's the review (Google translated).

It's also not an exact Bejeweled clone, there are obstacles like rocks, the stages are arranged in patterns, and there are specific aims to each stage, involving clearing gems over the gold tiles which you can see in the below screenshot. It actually looks like it might have gameplay that's a cross between Bejeweled and Monster Puzzle, another little-known DS puzzler, but that one actually has decent controls.

[​IMG]

4. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wow, it looks like a bad rip off of 7 Wonders, which was also a ripoff of Bejeweled.

Got to ask: what's the best pure version of Bejeweled on DS? I'm talking straight up version, no obstacles, levels end just like in Bejeweled.

5. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    To me, I'm surprised that there's no Bejeweled on the DS.

6. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    It's years since I last played original Bejeweled, so I don't even remember how levels end. Otherwise I'd probably guess Zoo Keeper, although it has hint blocks which make it different. Jewel Quest has different shaped stages and you need to clear something in every square on the grid to move on, which I'm pretty sure is different to Bejeweled. Puzzle Quest obviously has spells and all that bullshit.

7. HtheB

Member HtheB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    There is... it was one of the first releases for the DS.... called Zoo Keeper.... yuck!

8. megabug7

Member megabug7 Forum Relic

United Kingdom
    I like Cradle of Rome as a puzzle game - finding it VERY addictive and quite challenging. I didn't beat the game because I didn't have enough points to buy the last 'building'.

But it's worth another playthrough, and I'm learning something about Rome too [​IMG]

9. Flozem

Member Flozem GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    My 2 cents: I find it surprisingly good. Played it for a while yesterday, and I never play this kind of games... [​IMG]