DS #3765: Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times (USA)

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
It is the same game as Enchanted Folk. Anyway do you guys think the glitches will be fixed in this version, or would they still be there?

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I renamed my Enchanted save file to match the US ROM. I'm running the latest official acekard firmware. Whenever I enter the school, the game freezes during loading. Going to try AKAIO firmware and report back.

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, tried the AKAIO firmware with latest loaders with my renamed european save game. Game runs but it still freezes when trying to enter the school.

Went back to the latest official Acekard firmware and started a new game. Was able to enter the school twice without it freezing. I'm going to try a new game with AKAIO and see if I get similar results.

Right now, it doesn't look like the European save (renamed to match American name) will work. Might have to do with bug fixes? not sure. Can others try it out and report back?

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still haven't gotten around the European save bug when entering the school. When I get the chance, I'll try out the Cyclo on my DSL. Having to start over would be disappointing considering I've solved maybe 3 mysteries, built up a nice item catalog, and have dozen's of spells. If there really is no significant bug fixes between between the US and European game I may stick with Enchanted Folk.

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for AKAIO, you have to change the DMA mode by holding "A" while the ROM is loading. So far, that has fixed the freezing when entering the school. The music is different in the American version. Apparently in the European release, they took out some of the music from the Japanese version. The American version retains the music however. Still not clear on what the new items are?

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
It looks like there's a LOT more to do here than in AC, which is why I quit playing AC in the first place. There was never anything to do but pick fruit every 3 days, buy crap for my ever-expanding house, and try to catch all the fish and bugs. Hopefully MQ'll keep me interested a bit longer than AC did.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've read the US release will have 200 new items and Glitch fixes.
Thats just what I've heard though.

I've been playing the European version and have been liking it.

Differnces between this and AC are things like slightly enhanced AI that grows relationships and spreads gossip and the like.
You can even get a date with one of the cute Animals if your into that sort of thing.
Though once you get one as your date then they'll just seem to like you even more than more normal and want talk about the relationship and play more.
Speaking of play, they pretty much hang out with you and do whatever you do for awhile when they or you ask to.
Something AC never did.

Another thing is the classes wich teach you magic you can perform in game to do a number of odd things.
Cause someone to fart, zap with lighting, transform into them, pry into their relationships, search for treasure, and even propose love so you can get a date from them. Whole bunch of fun usefull and useless magic you can use.

The mystery feature is the one that really breaks it from a basic realtime walk around alot game.
Pretty much you can turn on this Mystery Time, thing that transforms the town into a sorta paralell version of itself. Everythings the same more or less, but strage bugs and fish are all about and instead of the normal classes you get a special class. Bug catching, fighting tournaments, sorta things.
After the day you activate it there will be a special character of whom you'll have to talk to and solve whatever mystery is related to it.

The world also is more than just a town, you get a small forest, hunated house, beach and an island of sorts all open from the start.

Besdies that though theres all the basics AC would have.
It does things a little differntly but it has the same feel with alot of things that AC should have had.
So theres a slight sense of story that'll last ya about a year or so.
After that its all about collecting and making money, but theres no debts to pay so you use your money just for that.

You can also play music with friends and animals, but its more or less just a midi playing and the NPCs break out instruments and play with it. Sounds nice now and then, but its mostly an extra.

Overall I'd suggest this game over the same ol Animal Crossing.
You may wanna spend some time with AC and get bored with it first though as you'll like this one even more then.
I've played the first two AC games and by the time the third one came out I tried it and gave up on the series. Just the same ol crap all over again.
This game is a nice fresh bit of compitition and I hope its only the start as AC needs a reason to evolve some. If not, this is a nice alternitive.
Edit: my findings from the game and junk. In spoiler tag due to length.

Maybe I should go post a full review later...

I hope my European save will transfer over to the US version.
Kinda tempted to buy the game too, though its still rather kiddy at an E+10 rating. (due to animal dating)

Anyway, I suggest the game, give it a try.

Oh and heres a Wiki I found on the game.
http://enchantedbros.wikidot.com/
For anyone that starts to get into it.

Lemme know if any of ya wanna trade friend codes. I think I'll have mine in my sig later once I get things together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water