DS #3698: Russell Grant's Astrology (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Tempbot, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Tempbot
    OP

Tempbot Tunnel Snakes rule

pip Contributor
    Nov 21, 2007
    ^^ndsrelease-4848^^

2. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    This guy has plagued British TV since the late 80's, thought he'd fucked off due to people losing interest but no the sod gets a pointless DS game.

3. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Russell Grant is a genius. He discovered a way to make a living by talking complete bollocks in a silly effeminate voice. I only pity the people who take him seriously.

4. DS1

DS1 伝説の雀士

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    Yes!
    I thought it said 'Astronomy', man what a surprise.

5. funem

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    United Kingdom
    out of nowhere....
    O' Lord Russel Grant... makes me ashamed to be English [​IMG]

6. IceRentoraa29

IceRentoraa29 Don't get in between a kid and his ice cream cone.

Aug 10, 2007
    United States
    The Land of Wuz AKA: Kuromi
    This guy's face scares me, somebody kill it with fire [​IMG]

7. Bahamut_X

Bahamut_X Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2006
    Canada
    Only one downside I've seen; where's the bloody lefty option.

8. commdante

commdante GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2006
    Netherlands
    Wow .. so ... it's a good game? [​IMG] Funny, I saw the box-"art" (you really CAN'T call it art) and I thought: Is this for real?
    Reading all the replies makes it even more funny, astrology could be fun/interesting ... but this seems rather pathetic, titles, box"art", just about everything ... did anyone even try this "game"? The only ones I can imagine that would even waste bandwidth on it are people in for a laugh. I'd bet the dumper was someone who has (a contact at -) a gameshop, because I doubt anyone with at least half a brain would buy this game if that person would spot it in a shop.

9. jesuschristmonke

jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2008
    United States
    The Global Economic Plantation
    This guy looks like Frodo after a night of partying and a profuse beating.

At least Madam Cleo looked convincing.

10. Bahamut_X

Bahamut_X Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2006
    Canada
    It's not the worst game I've seen; that would probably be Scotland Yard. Or perhaps the Game of Life that they released on the PSX/PC,
    unlike the Japan only Jinsei series of games which kicked ass when you could get them to work.

However the interface as I said, does have the glaring fact that you're limited to being right handed. I've done some minor stuff with astrology to gain some insight with myself. But so far all I've seen is basic stuff with the exception of the natal chart, and I'd give it some benefits of the doubt. Though as a suite on it's own, I'd say I've seen better stuff done online through either a few good freeware apps or finding some good sites that will show all the little nuances of the chart.

11. purplesludge

purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

Mar 2, 2009
    United States
    wv
    I saw the box art and was like wtf happened to John Goodman.

12. TraumaHoundNDS

TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Heh heh, I saw it and thought it was Geroge "Norm from Cheers" Wendt. [​IMG]

I remember goofing around with Taboo on the NES (my friend would use it to predict Keno numbers for his mom to play for him in Vegas...I don't think they ever did pay off...) If this has some sort of lucky number generator I could use 'em on the Lottery and finally become the bazillionaire that I've always aspired to be.

13. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Massive nonbeliever in this kind of crap here, but I've always found astrology fairly amusing, so I'll check this out. Hopefully not too much of that guy's face in-game.

EDIT: Hmm, that's interesting. Name in the header is HOROSCOPEDS, and the cover included with the dump I got has a German box art calling it "Astrologie DS"; I wonder to what extent this was even designed as a "Russell Grant" game, it seems like his name might have just been plastered on the cover/title screen for the UK release. Wonder if it's possible to replace the title screen with another language one, I'd prefer to avoid the Russell Grant stuff altogether. Will take a deeper look at the ROM at some point to see if I can tell what's going on there.

14. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Download me now for your free readen!!!!

How do they expect to read my fortune when they didn't even know I was left-handed? [​IMG]

The saddest thing is that there are people who will actually buy this garbage.

I'm sure everyone here will agree when I say this truly deserves this award.....on so many levels:

[​IMG]

15. funem

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    United Kingdom
    out of nowhere....
    Maybe Russell was a bit wiley and told the devloper and distributer that he predicted in the stars this would be a bit "hit", when what he in fact predicted was the sound of lots of unsold boxes "hitting" the bargain bins shortly after relase.

16. crook

crook GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2009
    Gambia, The
    There are worse things you can believe in, at least no one went suicide bombing because of this astrology shit.

17. Domination

Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 28, 2008
    Senegal
    Your Mum
    No one knows yet..... maybew we can use astrology to predict?

18. opearn

opearn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2008
    I'm guessing that Nintendo no longer has standards for their devkit!

hooray!

19. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Apr 17, 2008
    Senegal
    @Your Home,behind the sofa
    arghh, that's horrible, so does that mean that any bob, or henry can just get their game made? [​IMG]

anyway any screenshots?

20. jenngcia

jenngcia GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2007
    Senegal
    Not that bad. It's a nice addition to the 'not game' category. It's strictly for Europe since you have to enter your birthplace and it's limited to European countries.