DS #3698: Russell Grant's Astrology (Europe)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy has plagued British TV since the late 80's, thought he'd fucked off due to people losing interest but no the sod gets a pointless DS game.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Russell Grant is a genius. He discovered a way to make a living by talking complete bollocks in a silly effeminate voice. I only pity the people who take him seriously.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
O' Lord Russel Grant... makes me ashamed to be English
cry.gif

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bahamut_X said:
Only one downside I've seen; where's the bloody lefty option.
Wow .. so ... it's a good game?
tongue.gif
Funny, I saw the box-"art" (you really CAN'T call it art) and I thought: Is this for real?
Reading all the replies makes it even more funny, astrology could be fun/interesting ... but this seems rather pathetic, titles, box"art", just about everything ... did anyone even try this "game"? The only ones I can imagine that would even waste bandwidth on it are people in for a laugh. I'd bet the dumper was someone who has (a contact at -) a gameshop, because I doubt anyone with at least half a brain would buy this game if that person would spot it in a shop.

Bahamut_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not the worst game I've seen; that would probably be Scotland Yard. Or perhaps the Game of Life that they released on the PSX/PC,
unlike the Japan only Jinsei series of games which kicked ass when you could get them to work.

However the interface as I said, does have the glaring fact that you're limited to being right handed. I've done some minor stuff with astrology to gain some insight with myself. But so far all I've seen is basic stuff with the exception of the natal chart, and I'd give it some benefits of the doubt. Though as a suite on it's own, I'd say I've seen better stuff done online through either a few good freeware apps or finding some good sites that will show all the little nuances of the chart.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
I saw the box art and was like wtf happened to John Goodman.

Heh heh, I saw it and thought it was Geroge "Norm from Cheers" Wendt.
biggrin.gif

I remember goofing around with Taboo on the NES (my friend would use it to predict Keno numbers for his mom to play for him in Vegas...I don't think they ever did pay off...) If this has some sort of lucky number generator I could use 'em on the Lottery and finally become the bazillionaire that I've always aspired to be.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Massive nonbeliever in this kind of crap here, but I've always found astrology fairly amusing, so I'll check this out. Hopefully not too much of that guy's face in-game.

EDIT: Hmm, that's interesting. Name in the header is HOROSCOPEDS, and the cover included with the dump I got has a German box art calling it "Astrologie DS"; I wonder to what extent this was even designed as a "Russell Grant" game, it seems like his name might have just been plastered on the cover/title screen for the UK release. Wonder if it's possible to replace the title screen with another language one, I'd prefer to avoid the Russell Grant stuff altogether. Will take a deeper look at the ROM at some point to see if I can tell what's going on there.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesuschristmonkeyballs said:
This guy looks like Frodo after a night of partying and a profuse beating.

At least Madam Cleo looked convincing.

Download me now for your free readen!!!!

How do they expect to read my fortune when they didn't even know I was left-handed?
wacko.gif

The saddest thing is that there are people who will actually buy this garbage.

I'm sure everyone here will agree when I say this truly deserves this award.....on so many levels:

shovelware.jpg

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe Russell was a bit wiley and told the devloper and distributer that he predicted in the stars this would be a bit "hit", when what he in fact predicted was the sound of lots of unsold boxes "hitting" the bargain bins shortly after relase.

jenngcia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Not that bad. It's a nice addition to the 'not game' category. It's strictly for Europe since you have to enter your birthplace and it's limited to European countries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)