DS #3688: Dun-Dam Dungeons & Dam (Japan)

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I only found a 1:40 trailer with a song... I like those kind of trailers but with a little bit of gameplay...But no gameplay and no second trailer...

Anybody knows where to find some gameplay?

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, but I tried it out. It's pretty neat so far, blend of strategy and rpg (but not a strategy rpg, per-se). You have to defend a town from attacking monsters, as well as attack the monsters at the root of the problem (a labyrinth). You have to assign which units are going to attack/defend/repair things during the day, and then play the battles at night.

Units are semi-automated and have 3 characters each, you can assign them to defend specific buildings and retreat to recover HP/SP, but they act on their own depending on their class (some heal friendly characters in their unit, others attack).

I'm still going through the tutorials so I don't know more than that yet.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snesmaster40 said:
Overlord Natie said:
Should have been Gundam Dungeons & Dam IMO.

OH YEAH! DO WANT

Anyway this game actually sounds pretty good. So DS1 is it import friendly?

Uhh, yes and no. Yes if you can read Japanese and no if you can't, ha! The big problem you might have if you can't read Japanese is figuring out all of the character's jobs and skills. Each character has a different action depending on whether they are in the front row or back row, as well as a leader skill if they are the leader. Other than that, it's just a pile of menus, but they aren't hard to translate. Hope that helps
wacko.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
Uhh, yes and no. Yes if you can read Japanese and no if you can't, ha! The big problem you might have if you can't read Japanese is figuring out all of the character's jobs and skills. Each character has a different action depending on whether they are in the front row or back row, as well as a leader skill if they are the leader. Other than that, it's just a pile of menus, but they aren't hard to translate. Hope that helps
wacko.gif
Sounds fairly original. I hope it's brought over here.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I played a little more (my batteries ran out before), when you attack the monster's labyrinth it uses the same battle system, but your units go through a maze-like dungeon. Both the dungeon and the town defense happen at the same time and you can switch back and forth between the battles (this all happens in real time).

You can visit the buildings that you defend during the day, and each one has a special function (there are a lot of games like this). You can invest in the buildings to level them up as well, but I'm way too early on to do any of that. After you are done setting up for battle, hiring people, equipping characters, etc. you can choose to go to the night phase, where the battles happen. In the morning you get a report on who leveled up, how much damage your buildings took, and get some money and 'free' experience that you can use to level up anyone you want. After that you get a choice of scenes you can watch, I'm not sure if they have any effect on the game, I think they are more just to flesh out the characters.

In the first full battle I did, 2 of my 3 buildings were destroyed (if all of them are destroyed you lose the game). I'm not sure if you can prevent this because there are way more enemies than you have units that early on, so if you're playing the game save the tavern because that lets you hire new characters. I haven't seen any counter for the number of (in-game) days I've played, so I don't think there's a time limit like some games (Atelier series).

AlexFili

Trophies
Website
alexfili.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Here's what I know so far;

It's like a multi-tasking base defense game. I really recommend giving it a try.
You can set the text-speed to 5 and press A to skip all of the text.

Two important things to notice;
You can't save until you get to the 5th/6th tutorial. When you have all the main options avaliable, on the main map choose the top option, then choose the second option from the top. It will let you save your game.

It is possibly to accidently fire your units. When you are in the tavern, be careful when you see a list of units with no price, this means you will want to sack one of your units. At the start of the game you can only have 10 units at most (not including the 2 story characters). Your buildings seem to heal over time automatically, but it takes a while since the building only heals by 5% each turn. Remember to move around your first-aider, if some of your units are injured.

Characters and Buildings DO NOT HEAL automatically. So make sure you do something about it.
The tavern lets you hire two new units every day, the classes are different each day so be sure to check it out often.

You can level up the buildings to improve certain features of your town. At the start, you are only allowed 10 defenders. I would recommend levelling up the tavern to allow for 20 defenders. At the end of one of the first tutorials, you are likely to be left with some buildings destroyed. You should repair the buildings ONLY once you have the warriors to protect it, otherwise it will just end up getting destroyed again.

The main part of this game is the party menu before entering. You can form teams of 1-4 members. The teams can do the following things;

1) Attack the dungeon / spawn points
2) Defend the town
3) Repair buildings

I recommend you try and repair the buildings as soon as possible, since you can use them a lot more effectively while they are active. A building will only become re-usable once you have repaired it at least once.

Note, that as soon as you send your troops to repair it, that building will become vulnerable to attack. Defend it at all costs! At the start of the game, you are likely to be overwhelmed by enemy numbers. I would suggest forming 1-2 attacking and 2-3 defending parties. I also recommend having at least 1 party doing some building work. This sounds like a lot, but you can make a party consist of 1-2 people. Remember to swap the first-aiders around a lot, so they can heal all of your units.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: