DS #3687: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Europe)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, erm....that vid doesn't show the DS version.
blink.gif

Here is a vid of the DS version...

Kinda looks like that last Spiderman game that was released for DS, but with Wolverine.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh man, I was hoping, that this could be similar to the last metroid-esque Spiederman game with better combat... But judging just from the vid it doesn`t look that good...

What strange is, is that they used the comic-look rather then the life-action jackman for the character-model in the game and the cutscenes, which I don`t find that smart from the developer, even those I like the comic-look muuuuuuuch more!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
It's a movie based game and until now, I haven't heard nothing about the DS version.. 90% chances of it being really bad..

Well, the 10% wins out in this case. I played it for about an hour, and it's pretty awesome. Last X-men DS game sucked pretty bad, but this one was developed by Griptonite. It even has many of the same gameplay elements as Web of Shadows. Best of all, the art and story are based on Wolverine comic style, rather than the movie. Wolvy is more stocky and stout, and the dialogue is much more in line with his character from the comics. If you liked Spider-man Web of Shadows, you'll like this game. It's also fairly challenging, just like WoS.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like they got the game engine from Spiderman Web of Shadows, which wasnt that bad a game. As long as they dont screw the gameplay this could be another Movie tie-in that bucks the trend of being utter crap. Movei tie-in's are not all crap. The spidewick game ( I know it was a book, but the game was based on the film ) and Speed Racer were quite good.

jerbz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i like this game
it is the same engine as web of shadows
but wolverine

theres tons of unlockable moves
a bunch of unlockable trophies comic books and such

i like the berserker rage mode
i think it really ties it all well

although
the fighting seems slow
but maybe you can start to build up a speed stat

other than the fact is im playing it on a dsphat
(so my screen isnt very bright)
i have no real issues with this game so far

ENJOY

jerbz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i like this game
it is the same engine as web of shadows
but wolverine

theres tons of unlockable moves
a bunch of unlockable trophies comic books and such

i like the berserker rage mode
i think it really ties it all well

although
the fighting seems slow
but maybe you can start to build up a speed stat

other than the fact is im playing it on a dsphat
(so my screen isnt very bright)
i have no real issues with this game so far

ENJOY

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put in another hour or so with it, and it's definitely much more repetitive than WoS. It's fun, but wave after wave of cluster f*** gets old after a bit. I think fun in short spurts, but that's about it. I still think they did a great job of offering the visceral, Wolverine thing, and as far as DS beat`em-ups go, it's definitely better than most. The controls are great, the combat is great, the A.I. is tough, and the few bosses I've fought so far are pretty fun. The game also looks really good (though Wolvie doesn't look as good to me as Spidey did in WoS). Just wish they'd mixed it up a bit more. But maybe it will deepen...though I doubt it.

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've only played it for 20 minutes, and I'm really liking the combat, maybe even more than WoS. The addition of the dash button makes things really fun, though maybe too cheap with the invincibility it gives. In one of the first midbosses, I got a 40+hit combo from attacking 3 times, dashing back and forth when the midboss counterattacks, and repeating the process over and over again until he dies.

I also just started playing the PSP version a couple minutes after that. Dear lord that version was horrible. I could only stand to play 2 levels of the game before I completely gave up on it.

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS version is okay- i really don't like the super-deformed "Marvel Super Friends" look they gave the characters (that is, Nothing like the comic books nor the movie), and it feels like Spider-Man WoS with a different skin....

The PSP version feels better for me, even though That's a God of War game with a Wolverine skin...and with decent cutscenes/graphics.

I really hope this game isn't going to be what Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for the DS is going to be like, regarding the graphics (gameplay can stay similar!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: