DS #3674: Pinball Deluxe (Europe)

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
quick mini review:
graphics are quite bad, and the physics engine isn't much better either.
tables are average, tough the only DS pinball scoring higher on this point is metroid pinball
menu worked out ok though.
and atleast they used both screens.
i'd say 5/10(where the average for pinball on the DS is 4/10)

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
so there isn't a decent pinball game out there for the ds? darn
frown.gif

Necromanson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dearodie said:
mrfatso said:
frown.gif
Metroid Pinball is ok

Since it's all a matter of opinion I'll throw mine in as well: I thought Metroid Prime Pinball was great game. It's actually worth purchasing too for the rumble pack which almost feels like a necessity for pinball games. I can't begin to tell you how many drunken hours I've spent on that one.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necromanson said:
dearodie said:
mrfatso said:
frown.gif
Metroid Pinball is ok

Since it's all a matter of opinion I'll throw mine in as well: I thought Metroid Prime Pinball was great game. It's actually worth purchasing too for the rumble pack which almost feels like a necessity for pinball games. I can't begin to tell you how many drunken hours I've spent on that one.

Agreed. The game is that good that i purchased it myself. I'll give this one a shot. But I haven't came across a pinball game on the DS that is even half as good as MPP, so I don't have my hopes up for this one.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like it could have been good, if the tables themselves weren't so freakin' boring. The physics aren't great, but I've seen much worse. Too bad, I like pinball, generally speaking, but this just isn't interesting in the least. Did none of the the programmers who made this ever see a real pinball machine before. I don't think they have.....either that or they used the sorriest pins ever created to base this on. Geez, even Dream Pinball was better than this, and that one pretty much sucked for lack of any real modes. The only DS pin this is better than is Powershot Pinball Constructor. Now that one was really bad.

Metroid Pinball still reigns supreme.

Sega needs to make Pinball of the Dead DS.

jenngcia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Oh well. I guess i will stick to Jenesis (Sega Genesis emulator) and its multitude of top pinball games (Sonic Spinball, Virtual Pinball, Devil's Crash MD, Crueball, etc) when I get the pinball itch on my DS...

Posts merged

Oh well. I guess i will stick to Jenesis (Sega Genesis emulator) and its multitude of top pinball games (Sonic Spinball, Virtual Pinball, Devil's Crash MD, Crueball, etc) when I get the pinball itch on my DS...

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
*ugh* I really wanted to like this game. I only played the first table as it was a horrible experience. It looks like Fisher-Price did all the artwork (which is NOT a compliment), the physics are questionable, and the sound FX are poorly done (with the flipper sound especially weak.) I think the first table goal was 200k, which I got nowhere near after 1 play, and I turned it off knowing I wouldn't want to keep trying for that score just to unlock another crappy table.

For what it's worth, I liked Dream Pinball 3D. The sounds could've been had a little more punch but I think it plays well enough. That said, I'm probably in the minority for not liking Metroid Prime Pinball. It definitely has some cool features and it does look great but with the various gameplay bits that I just couldn't get into (and would more often than not fail the bonus games like that wall jump thing or shooting the bugs) it just wasn't as fun as I wanted it to be.

Powershot Pinball Constructor was utter garbage. Building your own tables couldn't be less fun even if they stabbed you with Ebola-coated shards of broken glass.

I also recall playing some sort of pinball game with animals...can't remember the title but while it had an interesting layout it, too, wasn't much fun.

I'd love a port of William's or Gottlieb's Pinball Hall of Fame (I have the Wii version of the William's one.) Real tables, awesome physics, sweet sound fx...if only I could have all that on-the-go!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.