DS #3672: Fuuun Dairoujou (Japan)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Apr 23, 2009.

Apr 23, 2009
  1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^ndsrelease-4821^^

2. N-TG

Member N-TG GBAtemp Fan

Greece
    Ok...it's a simple tower defence - strategy game
    (hope this youtube link works ok [​IMG] ) yeah it works

3. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    So long as it doesn't require blowing into the mic, I'm all set.

4. Jei

Member Jei Translator and romhacker wannabe

Brazil
    The main girl looks a lot like the ninja sisters in Made in Wario...

5. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    tower defence u say? well, look's like i am set as well [​IMG]

6. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Looks very interesting.

None of the commercial tower defence games on the DS were as good as Warcraft TD, let's see if this one can even compare.

I noticed that there are ninjas on kites to justify anti-air towers if there is any. Since the towers are actually soldiers, it doesn't make much sense for something to be anti-air only does it?

7. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    @deathfisaro: there are no strict anti-air towers, there are however 2 anti-air tower, but they hit land as well, as for gameplay wise, its pretty similar to ninjatown without the cuteness of it [​IMG]

8. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    I think it's decent, but yeah nothing can beat some of those Warcraft TD games. I kind of want someone to try and make a DOTA-like game as well (not homebrew).

9. gbaelink

Member gbaelink GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
    ???~very interesting~must try~ [​IMG]

10. kjean

Member kjean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    the game is not so fuuun at all.

11. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    So there are 5 "towers"
    Pikeman can only attack ground, reasonably fast stabs and can slow down enemy movement at level 3.
    Archer can attack both air and ground; strong against air, can burn enemies at level 3.
    Rifleman can attack both air and ground; strong against ground, haven't got it to level 3.
    General can only attack ground, buffs nearby units (attack damage boost). Haven't leveled up to see if it can give attack speed / range boost as well.
    Cannons can only attack ground, splash damage but very slow attack, haven't leveled it to 3 to see if it gains anything.

It has a story mode, some money can be transferred over to the next map but there is a maximum limit.

You have access to a bunch of castles (3 maps each) 1 Player mode. Each map has stars next to them, beating one gave me a circle which probably has something to do with unlocking extra maps (as in the trailer).

There are also a few items, one of the most useful item is a trap. It deals 1000 damage to a ground unit that passes through it. Very useful against bosses, or instantly killing a bunch of grunts.

The enemies you fight are pretty unique. For example, Kunoichis don't follow the path but instead fly over the walls and drop down. A ninja riding a shuriken can confuse (stun) your tower and such.

So far pretty enjoyable. But the towers are very limited and can old quickly. I really like the enemies in this game, I just wish there were a few more towers.

The brown haired character in the middle of the boxart is a boy. But I only found out after playing the game too.

12. Just Joe

Member Just Joe GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yeah been there before... you get drunk, meet a girl, take her home and then... SURPRISE!!! [​IMG]

I'm going to give this a go because it looks simple enough for my non-Japanese speaking brain to handle. Although, I have to agree that the limited towers may not meet it potential.

13. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    Hahahahaha, "I mean, what guy wears a red scarf and a chain belt?" Damn Kawamoto industrial Co., Ltd and their effeminate men!

The thing I like about the game is that it doesn't make me feel stupid like Ninja Town. I think they could have solved the limited towers problem by giving the spearmen and bowmen one or two different classes so that they would have different attributes when they leveled up, instead of all spearmen having 'slow movement' and all bowmen having 'fire arrows'.

14. xdarkx

Member xdarkx GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    At level 3+, they can reduce the enemies defense.