wink.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Just grabbed it, here's the icon
xpatbd.png

Whatever the hell it's supposed to be

EDIT: First impressions are that it has potential but it controls like a bit of a dog and the camera seems too zoomed in to get much idea of what's happening. Maybe Streets pf Rage et all were as clunky as this to control and I'm just remembering them through rose tinted specs. I'll certainly give it a fair wack though, I miss the old side scrollers.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
BlueStar said:
xpatbd.png

EDIT: First impressions are that it has potential but it controls like a bit of a dog and the camera seems too zoomed in to get much idea of what's happening. Maybe Streets pf Rage et all were as clunky as this to control and I'm just remembering them through rose tinted specs. I'll certainly give it a fair wack though, I miss the old side scrollers.

Nope streets of rage was smooth controls (except the first maybe) and this is a piece of shit.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
...Maybe Streets pf Rage et all were as clunky as this to control and I'm just remembering them through rose tinted specs.

No. You remember them as they are. I still play Streets of Rage (mostly 2) to this day, and the controls are perfect. Nothing in terms of beat-em-ups today even comes close. Sorry to stray a bit offtopic.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
iNFiNiTY said:
BlueStar said:
xpatbd.png

Nope streets of rage was smooth controls (except the first maybe) and this is a piece of shit.

Thought as much, this seems incredibly rushed. Even back in the 90s you'd expect a game like this to have a 2-player mode, the ability to attack while jumping, a different animation if you're walking down to when you're walking sideways and, you know, at least an options menu rather than just a screen saying "press start to go straight into the game."

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Yeah really its embarrassing for a modern game to be inferior to Streets of Rage in every single way. Im not sure why anyone was looking forward to this, maybe cause theres nothing else in the genre but its horrible. I bet if it was released back in 16bit days it would have got bad reviews then, so now its just unacceptable.

D

Deleted User

I haven't even heard of this game before someone mentioned it on GBAtemp a few days ago.

Thanks for the video Joey Ravn. Now I know what it is and that I doesn't want to play it.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iNFiNiTY said:
Yeah really its embarrassing for a modern game to be inferior to Streets of Rage in every single way. Im not sure why anyone was looking forward to this, maybe cause theres nothing else in the genre but its horrible. I bet if it was released back in 16bit days it would have got bad reviews then, so now its just unacceptable.

The sad thing is, many genres that had evolved in 2D restarted from prehistoric stoneage in 3D.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joey Ravn said:
Quick review/preview:

Yeah, after playing a bit of the Japanese version, I think Destructoid kind of hit the nail on the head with their review. But I'm still interested in the game...for all the reasons they listed, really. The controls were disappointing, though. I'm all about beat`em-up repetition, but the delayed responsiveness was frustrating.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
It a blast from the past... I always wanted a one-man army game for the ds...a new one though since all the others are already beaten
tongue.gif

And for all you that compare it with Streets of Rage... Back then they were selling playability and Story... Now they sell Graphics...

They are pretty much destroyed the gaming industry
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: